cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy S7 Internal Storage Constantly filling up

Has anyone else had this problem? My internal storage is constantly filling up. I've put everything on my SD card that has the option to be moved there, I've deleted several apps, and I am frequently clearing out the catched data manually, as the "clean now" option in my device management mysteriously disappeared a few months ago. This is affecting how I use my phone and it is quite frustrating. I contacted samsung support and the man I chatted with, Michael, eventually came to the conclusion that this is a firmware issue, but he gave me no guidance on how to fix it or at least deal with it. I just downloaded AppMgrIII to help me move my apps, which also are mysteriously returning to the internal storage although I put them on the SD card. Furthermore, I am receiving no notifications that any of these had been updated, so why would they have moved? I'm beginning to suspect that Samsung has that built in planned obsolescence to force you into a new phone, but if that's the case I will be switching to a different brand because if I get a phone, I want it to last. I've had this phone since December 2017 so I am due for an upgrade but the S20 is VERY expensive, which would make it cost-prohibative if there is planned obsolescence. Currently, I'm doing all I can to bide my time until I find out if the new HTC will be marketed in the US, as my friend's HTC One m9 or whatever she has is still working great for her and she's had it since high school. I do have another S7 that used to belong to my mother, would it be worth it to move to that phone? Her "clean now" button still exists. If anyone can offer me any insight into this, such as why it is happening, if/how I can fix it, how to make it last just a little longer, etc, it would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Galaxy S7 Internal Storage Constantly filling up

Go into your Gallery. Click the 3 dots at the top right. Tap the trash option to go into your trash. And permanently delete everything there. This will free up space. You probably have a lot of deleted pics and videos that were never permanently deleted in the trash. I hope this helps!
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks Josh. I think the AppMgrIII cleared all of that up automatically, as it gave me a lot more space.

Highlighted
Constellation

I've no idea what to say here except that I'm astounded that this is such an issue. I've been reading all day about how to solve the issue of rapidly dwindling internal storage and how to port apps and media over to a tf card.

I'm a new Android user, coming over from a Windows phone. I had no idea that manufacturers were so cheap they won't spend any money on internal storage.

The topic of how to move apps and media to an sd card, and the resultant confusion and issues, is a source of amazement to me. Anyone with an 8gb phone basically can't do anything other than text and surf. App developers often make apps that won't use TF cards for storage and/or operation but even 16gb rapidly becomes useless.

Seriously I can't believe this is such an issue. The first manufacturer to spend $10 on a device to upgrade ROM to 128gb and solve this problem will knock it out of the park.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userHDwx36mXRw, the S7 is a phone that was released more than 4 years ago. Depending on the exact model, it came with either 32 GB or 64 GB of memory. Not 8 GB. An iPhone of that time, at the same price level, also came with 32 GB of memory.

Most if not all of Samsung's current devices have 128 GB or more of memory. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks for that, LongHiker.

Highlighted
Constellation

I love my S7 and have been having the same issue as you (with slight exceptions) for the last few months.  I don't want to upgrade. Ilike the physical home button, and i bought a 128g sd card for storage and transferred all the apps and pics i could onto it, but when I downloaded a cache cleaner, it still counts the sd card as part of internal storage. I had to delete most of my game apps off my phone because i keep running out of space. If i have to get a new phone, it won't be a Samsung. They're getting to be as bad as Apple.