Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
anirbandatta
Asteroid

Galaxy S7 - NFC toggle switch disabled

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got a new Galaxy S7 on AT&T. After few days the NFC toggle switch stopped working. It is in 'ON' position and control grayed out. On top notification bar the NFC shows always on, cannot turn it off.

The device originally had Android 6 OS. Later updated to Android 7.0 by AT&T OTA software update. The NFC issue was there on both older OS and after upgrading to new OS. I called Samsung support, did multiple factory resets, tried safe mode, nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Anybody having similar issue with Galaxy S7? Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anirbandatta
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S7 - NFC toggle switch disabled

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good News! I was able to resolve the NFC issue on my original Galaxy S7. It was not a hardware problem, rather a app blocking the NFC settings. I guess it was difficult for Samsung support person to detect over phone, as even in safe mode, the NFC settings were disabled.

Now the app, so you all know -  it is VMWare AirWatch Agent, required for secured access to my work emails. It installs few profiles, like password policy, setting restrictions, email account, etc. I could open the list of profiles in AirWatch Agent, and delete the profile that restricts settings. Now NFC is back working as normal. Everything else works as well.

I love the S7, great phone! With Nougat update, even better!!

13 REPLIES 13
anirbandatta
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received a warranty replacement (refurbished) from AT&T, where the NFC works fine, but the screen has a visible greenish tint towards bottom and purple towards top. Had to send it back.

I have been loyal to Galaxy phones, S2, then S4, now S7. But now I'm really in doubt about Samsung's quality control. Every set has some hardware issues. My wife's iPhones never had any hardware quality issues, screens are perfect white always. Maybe I should have picked Apple instead of the S7.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm really sorry to hear that. Sounds like a bit of bad luck...but I'm curious...so the device is being sent back again for a second time? If you have sent it in already, have you heard anything as to what may have been the problem?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

anirbandatta
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good News! I was able to resolve the NFC issue on my original Galaxy S7. It was not a hardware problem, rather a app blocking the NFC settings. I guess it was difficult for Samsung support person to detect over phone, as even in safe mode, the NFC settings were disabled.

Now the app, so you all know -  it is VMWare AirWatch Agent, required for secured access to my work emails. It installs few profiles, like password policy, setting restrictions, email account, etc. I could open the list of profiles in AirWatch Agent, and delete the profile that restricts settings. Now NFC is back working as normal. Everything else works as well.

I love the S7, great phone! With Nougat update, even better!!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really happy to hear that! Glad you were able to get everything back in working order.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userv3Ut3VqLPP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i faced the same issue after reading the solution in this forum i went in airwatch agent and deleted the restriction setting profile,and now the nfc is working fine,this one troubled me a lot,i even thought of returning the phone suspecting a problem,.

kudos to the solution provider,Anirban you are genius my man!!!!!

userC4aqCZcPgf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been searching for a solution for this for a long time.  Thank you so much for posting this! I have the VMWare Agent app for my work also and I think it's the problem.  I can't seem to delete the profiles though.  How did you go about doing that?

ariedia
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
hi!! i have the same problem. do you remember which profile you deleted?
userA0bKpY0G5u
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I am having the same problem. Can you please exactly say what security profile you changed in VMware airwatch? 

OLI501
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This dodnt work for me. Ive even tried factory resting my phone and it still doesnt work. Please help.