Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userMYGekA7l6H
Asteroid

Galaxy S7 - Nougat update - audio problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have recently updated my S7 to a new Android Nougat (7.0) version. It was an official update from Samsung. After recieving the update I noticed that the audio coming from the phone speaker (not loud speaker) is now have a metalic rambling tone while calling or talking to someone. It is very noticable and extreamly anoying. 

If I switch to bluetooth or loud speaker the metalic tone disapears.

Anyone experience similar issue? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userNhUR1ZVAW6
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S7 - Nougat update - audio problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"I exactly have the same issue,  turning on/off extra Volume option during call will solve it. But Samsung should fix it."

Where do you find this option?

27 REPLIES 27
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userMYGekA7l6H
We've noticed several random concerns with the new update. We want to be sure that all these get fixed up as soon as possible! To help our developers and bug fixers find all of these, I ask that you post this again on this thread here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Product-Updates/Announcement-Nougat-7-0-Update-Problems/m-p/7249...
That will place all of these concerns in one place and make it much easier not only to talk to each other but to have those that need to see all of these find them faster! Thanks.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Teesmommy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I am experiencing the same thing..  Everyone keeps saying that they can't hear me and my phone is really low.  It's really annoying to have to keep repeating myself. 

userMYGekA7l6H
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not exactly the same. 

I have no problem hearing or anyone can hear me well. The sound on the ear speaker became distorted and got metalic ring to it.

Trying to see if anyone have this as well.

userBburERJAoS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. After recieving the update I noticed that the audio coming from the phone speaker (not loud speaker) is now have a metalic rambling tone while calling or talking to someone. But if someone calls me, or I use speaker, the metalic rambling ton is gone. Messenger calls are normal with no metalic tone.

Hope there will be a bugfix soon...

ThomasAlienware
userMYGekA7l6H
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for replying. I thought i was imagining. I also noticed that if i am calling a land line the metalic overtoone disapiers after the first ring. 

userBburERJAoS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
"Good" we are not alone with this issue. That tells me that this is due to a software issue, that requires a update. I read that samsung is working on some bugfixes: http://www.gottabemobile.com/samsung-galaxy-nougat-problems/

Also I no longer have the opportunity to select speaker when I am on the Phone when using the S-view cover (locked). Have to open it to select speaker.
ThomasAlienware
userNhUR1ZVAW6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have the exactly same problem.

I can't use my phone to call someone (that's a shame for a mobile phone!!!) because it happens every time and people can't hear me and I can't hear them too.

Hope that there will be an update very soon.

userOKsc7LNUv5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I upgraded to Android Nougat and immediately after that whenever I make a phone call, and put it on speaker phone, the other side can’t hear anything. Everything works good when I am not on speaker phone.
I have Samsung S6 Edge with following software information –
Andriod Version 7.0
Baseband Version G925W8VLU5DQD1
Kernel Version 3.10.61-11094325

userNhUR1ZVAW6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I still have sound issues.

I really don't know if it's a hardware or software problem cause the updates didn't change anything.

Its a shame , I can't use my mobile as a phone because of this problem...