cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy S7 Overheated now won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Help!! My S7 overheated this morning, once the warning came on I powered down even tho it doesn't say I need to. Wanted to be safe because it was hot. I was running and had my Pandora and map my fitness app going. I have done this with no problem in the past before the system update a few days ago. Before the update I could run for 1.5 hrs and the battery would be at 80%. Today I was less then 30 mins into the run when the battery read 66% and then it overheated. I have already cleared the cache and did a factory reset (by pressing the volume up, power, and home keys). Still not working. It did drain the battery completely and once I put it on the charger after it was cooled it heated right back up. So far it's been 5.5 hours since it overheated. I have had nothing but issues since the last update.  Model number is SM-G930P and my carrier is Sprint. I purchased the phone online and activated it when I got it on Aug 25th. Just over 3 weeks. PLEASE HELP!!!
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Black Hole

Re: Galaxy S7 Overheated now won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, @jcsmith75

It is a pleasure having you here in our Samsung Community and we are glad to see you reaching out to your fellow members for assistance and support. We do see that your stated your device is not doing anything, yet is warming when charging. We would like to suggest taking your device to a local Best Buy with a Samsung Experience Shop to determine if they would be able to connect your device to their system and refresh your device. If this is not located in your area, we would advise having your device set up for a free evaluation. If you would like to set this up, please contact me directly for more information and assistance. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, @jcsmith75

It is a pleasure having you here in our Samsung Community and we are glad to see you reaching out to your fellow members for assistance and support. We do see that your stated your device is not doing anything, yet is warming when charging. We would like to suggest taking your device to a local Best Buy with a Samsung Experience Shop to determine if they would be able to connect your device to their system and refresh your device. If this is not located in your area, we would advise having your device set up for a free evaluation. If you would like to set this up, please contact me directly for more information and assistance. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Galaxy S7 just turned off and doesn't turn on. Also the phone is warming up. Not sure whats happening. Got a month ago with Sprint Network provider.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I took mine back to Sprint and they deemed it defective and gave me a new one. I also reached out to Samsung and troubleshoot with them via chat. When the troubleshooting didn't work they checked to see if it was under warranty. It was and they offered to open a ticket biy it would take almost a week to fix it if I went that way. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the quick reply !

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your welcome. Forgot to mention no issues so far with the new phone. It gets a little warm when the battery gets below 65% so I just keep it charged more the 70%.. Good luck. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am currently having the same problem.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just received mine in the mail yesterday from sprint. And as soon as I started the phone its is overheating. Very hot and makes it unable to hold phone Smiley Sad 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userDCvelOmQSg We would recommend a repair. As you just got this device from Sprint I would recommend reaching out directly to the carrier to see what option they have available first.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi mine has just done the same thing! I am on holiday and has been working fine. It suddenly overheated whilst charging last night. Luckily I found it before it caught light. I let it cool down and it seems to work OK but now won't charge. I have restarted and turned off and restarted but made no differnce. 

Please help. Very stuck without it on holiday and won't be easy to replace were I am.....

Thank you,

Colin