Galaxy S7 Overheating and battery draining TMobile

Constellation

Galaxy S7 Overheating and battery draining TMobile

[ Edited ]

My samsung galaxy s7 was running android 7.0 and the battery life was fine. After I updated to android oreo I notice my battery draining very fast and after 10 minutes of using my phone the screen get very hot and the phone overheat. once the phone overheat, the battery drained 3x faster. samsung need to fix this.

See more topics labeled with:

33 REPLIES

Re: Galaxy S7 Overheating and battery draining TMobile

Hello, I am sorry to hear this. Can you please send me the model number and baseband version of your phone?

Constellation

Model Number = SM - G930T

Baseband Version = G930TUVU4CRF1

Constellation

Same here. Same info (carrier, model, and version).

Thank you for the information. Can you give this a shot;

Settings>Applications> Find and touch Oculus Home> If the listed version is 2.15.17 or below, continue with uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Return to apps and install the updated version.

Hello, just following up to see if the steps provided were helpful?

Constellation

I'm experiencing the exact same problem and cant find oculus to try what you advised the OP. Up until the update my phone battery was fine and now its draining faster than it will charge even when I dont touch it.

Samsung Moderator

Can I have the full model code for your device?

Constellation

Oculus home is not in the application. i can't find it. can u help?

Samsung Moderator

I recommend going to Settings>Battery>Tap Battery Usage. You will see a chart that shows what applications and settings are draining your battery. You may need to disable some applications. It could also be a third-party application causing the issue. To determine if a third-party app may be at fault, you will need to run the device in safe mode. If the battery drain decreases or stops, you will need to go through the process of testing each app individually.