cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supernova

Re: Galaxy S6 Phone overheated and Charger Melted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userGVYKAnad1Q, I would advise that you do not use this charger from now on with your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userU94Ri0ZJvH
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S7 Phone overheated and Charger Melted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this just happened to me

Thedeen
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just had the same problem! My S7 active terminal just fried an I was sleeping and woke up to a burning smell...absolutely horrified!!!
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about this, @Thedeen! I'm going to reach out to you in Private Message so that we can find a resolution as quickly as possible.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

KirkwoodRider
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to me yesterday.  I was charging my S7 Active on the kitchen counter.  While I was cooking I heard some sizzling coming from the phone and some smoke was coming up.  I unplugged the phone and the charge cord was melted.  I figured that the charge cord was messed up so I tried a different cord and it immidiately melted as well.  Luckily I was around when this happened.  At least my wireless charging is still working.  For some reason it will not fast charge wirelessly now though.

This is my third Galaxy phone (S3, S5 Active, S7 Active) and I have had charge problems with every single one just about 2 years after I have bought it.  At least my past ones did not pose a fire hazard I guess.  I cant stand Apple and really love the Samsungs but this is getting ridiculous.  Oh, and now I cant use Andriod Auto in my car because it has to be hard wired to work.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no, I hope you're alright. I'm really sorry to hear that, @KirkwoodRider. I'm going to send you a private message so that we can resolve this as quickly as possible!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you provide me with your full model code and IMEI number?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apologies, meant to send this privately. Will follow up with you there. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userU94Ri0ZJvH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this just happened to me

userAAV7DqVyt7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I switched to a wireless charger because I didn't get anywhere with Samsung. I'm taking my phone to Best Buy (Samsung certified center) to see if it can get fixed.  I haven't got anywhere with Samsung thus far. Not sure if anyone else has.