cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datrho
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy S7 Smart Charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had my Galaxy S7 charging and when I picked it up and opened the cover instead of it coming on I saw a black screen with the charging precentage.  When i pushed the three dots on the upper right it said "disable" and when I touched that is gave me a warning about "Smart Charing."  I am not able to find anything on it and it was never there before, so I woukd like to know what it is and when did it come about?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userotYCVbX2A5
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 Smart Charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've found the culprit. Since the words Smart Charging were used, I tested to see if the screen would appear when not using a Smart Charging device. Of course it still appeared, so I notice what looked like a flashlight icon in the top left. Nothing happens when I used it, but after a few attempts, the flashlight app was suddenly open on my phone, then it quickly closed itself. I went into the flashlight app and hit settings where I found the "Smart Charging" setting turned on. I've turned off the setting and I cant recreate the charge screen with ads anymore.

It is time to uninstall this app and leave a negative review.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
userFFjjFCoQCw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing happened on my s7 yesterday, and I would really like to know what that's about. Especially since there are ads, it makes me nervous/suspicious.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you provide a screenshot so that we can see what you're referring to? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

KaterTotNM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is a screenshot of mine.

KaterTotNM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, this only happens when it is on a charger and the screen lock seems to be disabled. I don't have to swipe to unlock my phone, I just have to hit the "back" button on the bottom right of my phone. All other buttons don't seem to work while its on a charger either, so when I have an alarm go off, I can't just push any button to snooze it. There may be other things too that haven't been discovered, but I'd like to get my phone back to the way it was before I discover any other changes. 

KaterTotNM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to my phone too. 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the screenshot, @KaterTotNM. I'm not seeing the warning about Smart Charging that @datrho was referencing though. 

I do notice that you have ads on your lock screen as well. This has been attributed to other third party apps available as well as app stores on the phone. 

What kind of charger are you using? Also, it looks like you have a theme installed, is that right?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

datrho
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have not put a theme nor activated a lock screen on my phone.  Attached are three screen shots showing what i am talking about.  This is something which I didnt i stall and it is also happening to my wife's S8 and my son's S6.  It just started for what I can tell no reason.

datrho
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
datrho
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION