cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUByJI2TTjJ
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 Smart Charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello from the month of February I have a case with you I burned my computer s7 the month of January I immediately communicate with you to notify them what happened and I still have no answer my case is the number 3101649258 are some irresponsible and make fun of their customers
userO9cY9oxivP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured out before reading on the-forum how to disable this annoying ap .  Sincee it just started happening recently i believe it had to do wih the last os update. As both were about same time.  Rather coincidental. Anyone know for sure?

userEaElfCECfg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userEaElfCECfg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have an S4 mini that hasn't gotten an OS update in years (still on 4.4.2!). I first noticed this a couple days ago. I manually update apps and don't remember when I updated flashlight last but I'm guessing recently. So definitely not the OS.

Like others I don't use a lock screen. A little different, I have a cover / back like most people have on their tablets that turns off the display a few seconds after the cover is closed and back on when you open it. This stupid screen shows up if i open the cover right after the display goes off and doesn't if I open the cover right away before the display goes off (I can tell because a window in the cover shows the time for those few seconds).

Funny thing though. I don't get the ads. But like everyone else, disabling the smart charge seems to have fixed it.
KaterTotNM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! Here's a screen shot with the disable message.  I use the fast charger and a wireless charger. Yes, I have a theme installed. 

user2YBwTL9h2n
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yup just happened on my phone too, had never seen this "smart charging" screen before ... found the disable button and the same warning screen... then did a google search for s7 smart charging which led me here 

Highlighted
userotYCVbX2A5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im experiencing the same charge screen shown in the images. I use the circular wireless charger from Samsung and the screen will appear after I place it on to charge (fast charge device).

Podcast Addict has started playing audio enabled ads the last few days to.  If anyone having this issue also has Podcast Addict, let me know.

userotYCVbX2A5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've found the culprit. Since the words Smart Charging were used, I tested to see if the screen would appear when not using a Smart Charging device. Of course it still appeared, so I notice what looked like a flashlight icon in the top left. Nothing happens when I used it, but after a few attempts, the flashlight app was suddenly open on my phone, then it quickly closed itself. I went into the flashlight app and hit settings where I found the "Smart Charging" setting turned on. I've turned off the setting and I cant recreate the charge screen with ads anymore.

It is time to uninstall this app and leave a negative review.

KaterTotNM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Problem solved and flashlight app uninstalled! Thanks. 

datrho
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks it worked.