cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S7 Smart Charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THANK YOU for writing this!!!  I was furious at the ads and didn't know what was going on, till now...  Worked like a charm -- and I'm leaving a poignant review.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didn't download a flashlight app & I'm getting the same "smart charging" with ads popping up, while my phone is charging...

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried booting your phone into safe mode to see if the problem still occurs?

To get into safe mode, just do the following:

• Power your device down
  • Then power it back on
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo until the phone is powered on. 

Let me know how this works

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have no flashlight app. Rebooted in safe mode and obviously not able to use ANYTHING, so have to reboot again. Daggone thing still there! 😠😠😠

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Just following up to see if you still need any assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Helped me.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went into my flashlight app and hit the settings icon on the bottom left of the screen, and  then unchecked 'smart charging'

All fixed.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is S5 and it to appeared a few days ago.  I actually went into the flashlight setting and disabled the on/off feature and it worked.

Thanks for the post.  It really helped. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had issues even after disabling it. I've had my battery drain from 40%... 38...34...27...22...15...9...etc all within a few seconds. Several times now over the past week or two I'll get a notice that my battery is at 15% and then about 2 mins later on standby, it dies completely and shuts off. Extremely annoying and I can't seem to fix it. Finally deleted the flashlight app today after finding this thread and hopefully my battery situation improves. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Galaxy S7 Smart Charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I did have the smart charging ad but only showed up once because of my ShareIt application I did read the update details before updating and they recently added that so i guess beware of those 3rd party applications which is so full of ad and control over your device.

Uploaded from community android app.Uploaded from community android app.