cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SMS Errors

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm getting the same errors on the s7 edge unlocked device with T-Mobile. Finding if I'm on Wi-Fi messages won't go through. As soon as I turn off the Wi-Fi I won't have any issues texting. Found a fix I hate doing but getting me through until they fix it... hopefully

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a workaround not happy about it but it works.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After much research, I have found the following: This seems to be a problem specifically with unlocked phones, regardless of the carrier. Until Samgung decides to put out a fix, I figured out a work around. I am sending all texts as MMS group messages, using my home landline as the second number. There is no message kick back saying its a landline phone like back in the old days lol. All of my messages are going through immediately with no issues. My life is now complete. I hope this helps some of you Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usery1TZnFxcOu wrote:

After much research, I have found the following: This seems to be a problem specifically with unlocked phones, regardless of the carrier. Until Samgung decides to put out a fix, I figured out a work around. I am sending all texts as MMS group messages, using my home landline as the second number. There is no message kick back saying its a landline phone like back in the old days lol. All of my messages are going through immediately with no issues. My life is now complete. I hope this helps some of you Smiley Happy

That's a good idea for a workaround. Just annoying that we have to resort to this. Please fix this Samsung.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unbelievable.  Two Straight Talk S7's.  Both got software updates today.  both now broken. Straight talk says call samsung.  Samsung passes the buck and says call Straight Talk. 

Fairly certain it's NOT a straight talk issue.  

Unacceptable. And...apparently...nothing we can do about it except take it and like it.  

Anyone got good deals on unlocked LG's or iPhones?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This started happening to my S7 yesterday after the update. My phone was purchased directly from StraightTalk.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S7 from straight talk also having this issue. Tried most of what others have...safe mode and all, still says failed.  Unfortunately ST also disables a lot of the advanced options on these phones so I'm pretty limited with what i can change.

The Group message does work, but i cant do group messages like that with all my co-workers etc, hopefully this gets fixed quickly. Started happening right after my latest software update which i got 8/14.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem using TracFone and the S7.  Although I get an error message telling me the message failed to send, the recepients are receiving them. I am getting incoming messages with no problem. I even did a factory reset but it made no difference.  Also spent about 3 hours on the phone with TracFone but to no avail. But the MMS workaround works. If I just send a MMS to the recepient and my land line number the message goes through with no error message. VERY annoying. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem. My daughter told me how to fix it.  Type the text message and send it.  Then hold your finger on the text you are trying to send until a bubble pops up.  Click the "send as text message".  You may have to do this a few times with each number until the phone recognizes it and it works automatically.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here since update! Factory reset didn't help.   Very annoying...i have a Samsung 7, android OS. Straight Talk service