cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SMS Errors

JUMP TO SOLUTION
my s7 updated last night...9-28-17...straight talk service on Verizon towers...everything seems to be properly working now. including the sms...YAY!! I hope everyone else's is fixed soon too.
userGWBdtKMAWv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Both of mine fixed with a manual update (S7, non edge, straight talk, verizon towers ...tracfone) - 

It doesn't appear, though, to be pushing a notification of said update.  Either way - thanks, samsung, for FINALLY doing something to fix what you should have never broken to begin with.  

usero7Gr3wLHAO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Settings.

2. Applications.

3. Tap "More" menu - 4. Special access

03 - 04  

5. Use premium SMS services.

Note: Google has released new update that allows the phones to send messages to premium numbers so there is no need to set it up and proceed to step 6. This will happen in future models also. Should you find an issue with regard to sending SMS to premium nos. , please give us feedback and share to us your contact number, the model of your phone, and the short number you want to send a message.

6. Tap on "Message service.

7. Choose between the 3 options (Ask - Never allow - Always allow) to set your suitable premium SMS settings.

users4a6nrD1jL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Posted almost a year ago. Wow! I sure wish I could have had that info then. But because of this, I fixed my wife's phone today. We have the same phone, mine being Total Wireless and her's Straight Talk. Just could not get any text messages to radio stations, couldn't get info by using 611611, only regular phone numbers. Stumped me for a year. When I saw this advice, I checked both phones. Mine was set "enable all", hers was "off". Changed hers, and now it texts to any number.

I knew it wasn't the S7 itself, but I thought it was Straight Talk's doing. Well, maybe it was, with that setting turned off with their programming, but nobody was ever able to figure it out,

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!

lauriej
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same problem just started on straighttalk messages dont send unless i make phone call what did you enable to get it to work.