cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userd14io4OSdT
Constellation

Galaxy S7 gets really hot when preforming basic tasks like web surfing.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So since I have gotten this phone it's been amazing. It surfs the internet so fast, and everything feels so clean and smooth. That is, most of the time. Now when I use my phone, my Galaxy S7 gets really hot. It gets really hot that it hurts to hold. Now I don't use a case for my phone cause I admire the design of the Galaxy S7 so much but while doing something as basic as reading an article, my phone heats up so hot that I can't touch it anymore. What I've been doing is putting an ice cube on the bottom of the phone to cool it off. I've reset my phone, cleared case, turned on high performance, turn on power save, turn off sync, low brightness, disable fast charging, force closing and make apps sleep and the phone just randomly gets really hot. It gets hot after resetting the device and installing no applications. Like I just woke up from a nap and my phone is SUPER hot. I'm not charging it or anything. The worst part is that once it gets hot, It won't last me through one day. Like writing this, I've used up 13% battery. My battery life on calls and light texts comes around to about 4 hours. Unacceptable. I don't know if it's my devices issue, or a Galaxy issue, but my phone shouldn't be this hot this often.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy S7 gets really hot when preforming basic tasks like web surfing.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userd14io4OSdT

In this case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly for an evaluation and possible repair via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userd14io4OSdT

In this case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly for an evaluation and possible repair via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userEfwGDJFj5M
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This thread is marked "solved".  Solved HOW?