cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 keeps restarting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

after updating my software my s7 keeps restarting. broughy it to samsung store and was told that my motherboard has been damaged after the software update and needed replacement. phone's under warranty period so i didn't have to pay anything. and now my phone's working fine. not a single restart since then

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
U r lucky then. I have had my s7 only 2 months and Samsung is giving me grief about fixing it. It keeps restarting no matter what app I use about 20 times a day. I have been to best buy to get 2 downloads as instructed by samsung but it has only made my battery get hot and will not keep a charge for more than 6 hours . I wish I could get help from anybody.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To zekz118. 

I found the best way to diagnose the restart problem was to re-start the phone in SAFE mode.  When you are in SAFE mode, all third party apps that are loaded on your phone are disabled so you can determine if it’s a third party app issue or a bug in the OS kernel. 

If the intermittent restarting stops happening while you are in SAFE mode, you know it’s a third party app, and you can delete them one by one until you find the culprit.  My problem went away when I deleted the a combination clock/weather widget that I had loaded onto one of my home screens.  Since that app goes out to the internet to update the time and weather periodically (at an interval that you can control) it makes the restarting seem random.  I deleted that widget and the problem stopped.  I then reloaded a similar widget that has been upgraded to work with Android 7.0 OS and that gave me the clock/weather I needed and eliminated the random restarting.

If the random restarting continues in SAFE mode, you know it’s a bug in the OS.  That is one you will need to fight out with Samsung.

I also replaced my SD card with a new 32 GB card.  I copied all contents from my 8 GB SD, but I don't think the SD card was the issue.  I think it was the older widget that didn't work correctly with Android 7.0. 

Good luck!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Dear userrBgvwUeZYP, I think I hadvthe same widget u did because after I uninstalled it least I it quit restarting all the time but m6 battery is still getting very hot and will only last for about 4 hours. Then after only 2 weeks and the new download now it has begun doing the frequent restarting crap all over again. So I went into safe mode and no more got it up and now it restarts like every 5 minutes which mafe it worse. I dod manage to delete all my 3rd party apps and it still didn't help still happened every 5 minutes or less. I took it out of safe mode and it only restarts about 10 times a day no matter what app I am using. I don't even have i heart downloaded on my phone. I have made numerous calls to Samsung to inform them of the situation and was told I would need to ship to them at my cost and they would see if they could fix it first should take about 3 weeks if they can fix it and I will not have a phone to use during those weeks they are trying to fix it. If they determine they can't fix it after the 3 weeks then they will send me a remanufactured phone with no warranty or they will give me a $100.00 credit to purchase a new phone with. Their offer is bull crap and I think this phone is too. I have been using Samsung since the 90^s and never had any problems before but now I see how they treat loyal customers when there is an issue. I would rather pay for a so so phone that works and has great customer service than I had to have a great phone that doesn't work that well and has crappy customer service. If something isn't done soon to get this fixed, then I will be forced to never purchase a Samsung phone again and I will tell everyone I know and everyone that I can tell on every social media site and service how I have been treated by Samsung regarding the issues I am having with this phone and I will continue to inform others about it every day all day long until my last day here. Noone should ever be treated the way I have by Samsung. It is completely ridiculous and absolutely unreasonable of Samsung to refuse to be 100% responsible for their products that are still under warranty when they have issues. Customers shouldn't have to go thru hell fire and brimstone just to get help from them. I am extremely disappointed with Samsung's Customer Service procedures.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
samsung phones are a crap... fake goods
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i think its time people stop buyin samsung phones.. as fake as china goods, ive an s7 for only 9 weeks and ive been experience automatic reboot over n over n no one is able to fix it 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your battery needs recalibration search how to recalibrate android battery then hard reset it your problem will be solved if it is in restarting loop 

2nd solution: Change display mode to basic display mode

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a galaxy j7 and my phone restarts all the time regardless if I'm using it not I just hate when it does it during a phone call

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

better bring it to a samsung store and have it checked. and also try to avoid updating software, that caused my problem. i was advised by samsung reps that if i wanted to update the software just bring it to them since they already have the files to be installed rather than downloading ota which may have missing files 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agree with you

-------------------------------------Signature------------------------------------------

[US only] Save on your online purchases with the cashback site trusted by 10 million users