DelS7
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S7 keeps restarting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Sun. Will try it too and see if it works

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S7 on T-mobile. iHeart radio app installed from galaxy App store. Set it up and play music on and off . So far the phone hasn't restarted yet. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userLzTPoOvGjD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My husband bought my S 7 edge  in August and already it was returned, they repaired it (the screen shut off and didn't come back on). Then I got it back in October because I don't live in the USA and so we bought the factory unlocked, international version from a retailer. By November it starts restarting and I just left it. Then in December I took it back to the US and the phone work the entire two weeks I was there, no restarting. Now am back in Jamaica and it has started to act up again. I have watched it trying to restart but still wouldn't fully boot up until it went off because the battery died. That phone was for my birthday and I haven't had the  change of using it for a full month. I  am finish with Samsung. It's a good thing I didn't give away the S 6 I have, which have also given me grief in the past.

Samsung should do better, now I am in Jamaica and don't know how to have the phone fix and its still on warranty. And then when warranty is off, I will be stucked with  defective phone, that I have to pay to get fixed, not good. We shouldn't be having so many issues with a phone that cost so much.  

userrBgvwUeZYP
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a one week old Galaxy S8 that keeps randomly restarting.  It does it several times each day.  It's not a complete restart - like it normal soft reset.  The phone freezes, "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, followed by the ATT globe - like a normal soft reset, but it doesn't play the ATT music with the spash screen.  It's like a short soft-reset.

After it restarts, a note appears: "auto update time and date".  This seemed like the auto update function was the culprit, so I disabled the auto update feature but it's still doing it.

My wife's S8 - which was purchased the same day at the same AT&T corporate store does NOT have this issue.  

Samsung is saying no one has reported this issue, but it's all over the internet as a startup problem with the S8.

I just received an OTA update, but it didn't fix this problem.  It did it before and after the OTA update.

useris9WUi887v
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
PLEASE!!! .. MY SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 KEEP RESTARTING BY ITSELF .. PLEASE FIND ME SOLUTION
userdq3mxKXpdt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem since the update! 

DelS7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Did what you said Sun and so far it's not restarting. Thanks.
zeke118
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Dear Sun1079, I am not sure why you think that your suggestion is the solution to the Galaxy S7 restarting problem, but I assure you it most definitely has not fixed my problem with it. So I think your statement of this issues solution being solved was quite premature in being accurate.
Highlighted
cl01912
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

YES! I have tried clearing the cash and uninstalling and re installing the app. Nothing seems to work. Has anyone found a solution? 

Lopaka
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have iheart radio on my S6, I had it on my Samsung Smart TV, my Tab A, and I think my Tab E and I haven't experienced that. I hope that helps. Have a great day and good luck! 🌷