cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LSW1
Asteroid

Galaxy S7 print spooler issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have Samsung S7 (AT&T).  I have noticed that 'print spooler' shows on phone under Device Management>Storage and Memory.  I do not ever print anything from my phone.  Why does Print Spooler show under these settings, where is it on my phone, does it effect battery power and how do I get rid of it, if possible?  I have Android version 7.0, if that helps.  Thanks much !!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy S7 print spooler issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @LSW1

That is a system app. While that does mean that it can't be removed, you shouldn't have to worry. It won't use any of your battery as long as you aren't actually using it.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @LSW1

That is a system app. While that does mean that it can't be removed, you shouldn't have to worry. It won't use any of your battery as long as you aren't actually using it.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

LSW1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungViv, I can't thank you enough.  It bothered me that every time I went to optimize my phone power and such that print spooler showed.  Worried it was using battery power.  Thanks for the quick answer !!!!!  Woman Very Happy

userA7lkmKJ4fq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungViv is.. completely incorrect.

I spent the last few hours trying to figure out why my brand new battery was draining just as quick as my old one. Well, it turns out that 'Print spooler' would start and stop in the background/cached processes in "running services" every 5-10 seconds. It would just appear, then disappear, reappear - non stop.

I found this post and thought oh yeah it must not be that. But after deleting every app, virus checks and so on, I end up deciding hey maybe, just MAYBE given that this is the ONLY app in the 'running services' that appears out of nowhere, disppears, reappears and so forth - and that I have never used the app, never needed it, and never will, that this could likely be the culprit causing my battery drain.

Well, disabling this app isn't actually as strait forward as other apps. You can't just click on it and uninstall/disable.

To disable Print Spooler, you need to go to Settings > connections > more connection settings > Printing

In here you will find the app(or apps) responsible for this glitch causing MASSIVE battery drain. Like I'm talking I was only getting 2-3 hours with usage of about an hour in that time before I hit below 15% from 100%. Considering I need my phone for work, this means 2-3 charges PER DAY on a brand new legit samsung battery.

I am now on 1 charge.

The absolute unfettering confidence of 'SamsungViv' about this issue is pretty messed up, considering what she said is completely false, and if you believed her, you may end up never finding out what is causing your S7 to act like its 15 years old even with a new battery.