cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqMPEGbaIdZ
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 stuck in recovery boot for hours

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issues except my phone wont power up. Plug the charger in and it's still on reboot. I've held down the volume up,home,and power nothing happens. 

@userXjRQZa4wHn wrote:

I'm having the same trouble and to make matters worse the device won't power off. Any other suggestions other than holding the home/vol up/power?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userqMPEGbaIdZ To resolve your issue your phone will need service. Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
userzoEGiJevaP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

says fail recovery rebbot caused.

userEnCRxngAvC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S7 was stuck in recovery mode FOR DAYS! I tried all the reset tricks, nothing worked. Finally said screw it and decided to take the back off and disconnect the battery. You know, the way you would fix the older models when they had issues. I disconnected the battery, did the recovery mode reset with factory wipe and it did the trick! Thankfully I did a backup to the cloud the day before the phone got stuck in the reset mode and I was able to get all of my data back. 

Hope this helps! 

iLeGenD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not the best way Smiley Happy

I did without any factory reset and wipe data Smiley Happy

There is always a better way .

boater340
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the way? I'm stuck in the recovery booting loop and dont want to wipe it and lose all my stuff @iLeGenD 

userxSVvzXfDnS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

I am having issues with my galaxy similar to what is described here. My phone froze and shut off. I tried turning it back on but couldn't get passed the logo screen.  I tried to clear the system cache but can't get past the screen where it says "recovery booting..." Sometimes when I try again I get an "installing system update" for a few seconds and then back to "recovery booting..."

Anyone have any suggestions?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxSVvzXfDnS  Have you tried holding down Power + Volume Down to reboot the device? Are you able to factory reset the unit?

Raygun1
Astronaut

The same thing happened to me. I researched and found sim...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing happened to me. I researched and found similar issues. Phone worked with update a day after I updated it. I was not trying to update my phone because the other times I tried to update the phone restarted after an hour of updating. Then no update. After trying around five times. My finger shifted and I updated by accident.

userheVmu5w5L8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I suppose it's reassuring to me that so many people are having this problem right now. It seems the new update bricked a whole bunch of phones. @SamsungGill does Samsung have any plans to make this right?

I too get stuck in the "Recovery Booting". I've been doing both the Power+Vol-Down reset and the Power+Home+Vol-Up reset. At one point, it showed me the Samsung Galaxy S7 Logo about 7 times in a row for only a couple seconds at a time. Other times I get the tiny blue "recovery Booting" text that eventually goes away.

I know it's an old phone, but I believe Samsung should take responsibility and offer a meaningful solution since their hardware reacted pooly to a new Android version.