cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisamichelle
Asteroid

Galaxy S7 will not notify me when I have a text message (Go Sms Pro/Se. Just vibrates once HELP!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and I it used to work great. I have always used Go Messenger SE Sms Messenger or Go Messenger Pro Sms Messenger for all my texting needs and now neither one will notify me when I receive a message. It will just vibrate once . in the settings on Go Sms I 've it set to vibrate and alert me with a notification ring tone and like I said, I get vibration and no ringtone. I then switched off the vibration and kept the ringtone set for on. When I did that I get no sound/notification at all. Ive checked all the settings in the messenger app and all settings are correct. I been googling for for a solution to this problem and all I'm seeing is something to the effect of going into your application manager and changing some settings around. the problem with that is that there is no subtitle in Settings called Application Manager, no where to be found. just a title called Apps and when I select that there is no Application Manager anywhere. Can someone please help me with getting my Go Sms Messenger working again? I have tried to contact them directly for help with no response. Thank You
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lisamichelle
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S7 will not notify me when I have a text message (Go Sms Pro/Se. Just vibrates once HELP

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you everyone for helping me. I did finally find out what the problem was. It was another app that I had downloaded and was interfering withing the messenger. I ended up uninstalling every app that I absolutely did not need and it worked! I now have a Galaxy 9+ which I love. Only thing you cannot assign different ring tones for different contacts.

9 REPLIES 9
Supernova

Re: Galaxy S7 will not notify me when I have a text message (Go Sms Pro/Se. Just vibrates once HE...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @Lisamichelle, I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us.

Have you attempted to reach out to the GO developers about this?

As this is not a Sasmsung product, we do not have a lot of detail that may be able to help you. Has anyone else on the board found a solution to this?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Supernova

Re: Galaxy S7 will not notify me when I have a text message (Go Sms Pro/Se. Just vibrates once HE...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well. Did you attempt to reach out to the GO developers?

If you found a solution, let us know, I'm sure our community would like to know what solution you found.

If you need anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userZEknxH5INA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's no a "Go" problem. He has to go to application manager in there he hits upper right hand and goes to adavance.  He will find something about notifications. Some how that is getting turned in and when it does we have no sound. I fixed my problem that way took me a couple days to fix it ..off and on working on it

userZEknxH5INA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry correction go to apps in setting then app manager go to messages tap messages scroll down to notifications tap that and you will probably find somehow the show silently button is on. This is how I fixed mine

userZEknxH5INA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZEknxH5INAwrote:

It's no a "Go" problem. He has to go to application manager in there he hits upper right hand and goes to adavance.  He will find something about notifications. Some how that is getting turned in and when it does we have no sound. I fixed my problem that way 

I'm sorry correction go to apps in setting then app manager go to messages tap messages scroll down to notifications tap that and you will probably find somehow the show silently button is on. This is how I fixed mine

userJp2RItBVgo
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 will not notify me when I have a text message (Go Sms Pro/Se. Just vibrates once HELP

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Make sure your volume is turned all the way up. To do this: go to settings, scroll down to sounds, tap sounds, turn notifications up. If that doesn't work restart the phone. If that doesn't work either, power off the phone, hold the power button, home button, and the volume up button. Then use the volume up button to go up, and use the volume down button to go down. Select wipe cache partition  with the power button or home button. If that does not work let me know and I will be happy to give you more tips.

usergMtu3BLa1H
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lisamichelle
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you everyone for helping me. I did finally find out what the problem was. It was another app that I had downloaded and was interfering withing the messenger. I ended up uninstalling every app that I absolutely did not need and it worked! I now have a Galaxy 9+ which I love. Only thing you cannot assign different ring tones for different contacts.

Moi74
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THANK YOU, Thank you, thank you!!! I have been dealing with the issue of no text message notifications on my S7 for DAYS. I swear, I've searched community help for HOURS & tried all other recommendations & yours about verifying the volume is turned all the way up did it! lol I muted my phone for a doctor's appointment & I guess everything but notifications somehow was turned back up? Go fig. Just got this phone so guess I'm still figuring it out :/ Anyway, thank you again!!