Original topic:

Galaxy S7 will not power on

(Topic created: 08-04-2021 07:52 PM)
uservbGMGwxItj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Long story short, woke up to my S7 frozen.  No matter what combination of button presses, it simply wouldn't reboot.  Period.  Only thing I could do is let the battery drain so the phone would turn off and, hopefully, upon charging, would boot back to life.  Nope.  The charge icon would show for a split second, then disappear.  Actually, even the Samsung log would appear for a split second but then go away.  Seems that perhaps by letting the battery completely drain killed it.  Upon hindsight, I suppose I should've left it in the sun to overheat and turn itself off.  Who knows.  Took it into a shop and they tried a few new batteries to no avail.  After some poking and prodding, they've deemed it a hardware failure.  End of story.  Paper weight.  Too late for that long story short, eh.  I had about a 70/30 split between system memory and SD card.  My question is, I'd really, really, really, really, like to get that 30% off the phone, but, as said, it's dead.  Pictures, contacts, text threads.  Is there any hope?  Does Samsung have somewhere they could rip into it?  Any place or thoughts you could suggest?  I have an S21 set to go but sure'd be nice to be able to get that info off the S7.  Help!  And, thanks!

2 Replies
ToyYodaGuy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Was your S7 backed up to Samsung Cloud. If it was, then you still can retrieve all your backed data from your old phone and move it to your new S21 by signing into account and following the instructions.
0 Likes
uservbGMGwxItj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Nope.  Been burned too many times by "the cloud" to continue its use.  Seems I've been burned yet again but not using it.  So, no, no backup.

0 Likes