cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S7 will not receive incoming calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know I'm not the poster above, but I have this same issue (posted in another thread here) and safe mode makes no difference whatsoever.  Factory reset also doesn't help and Verizon say's it's not a problem on their end.

Constellation

Re: Re: Galaxy S7 will not receive incoming calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION
good night 😴πŸ₯±πŸŒƒπŸŒ™βœ¨πŸ’“
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Somehow I don't think all these people are using the same carrier, and it happened after the last update, so I'm not inclined to thing all the carriers got together, wrote a common snippet of code to mess with Samsung phones.  More likely something in the update behaves badly with code common with cell providers?  Looks like I'm not updating until this is sorted out.  I have enough phone problems.

Is it possible to restore your phone(s) from a backup, to a pre update OS?  If you have one it might be an idea to do this until all the kinks are worked out.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no Samsung authorized way to revert an update.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife's phone is having this issue.  Both her and I use S7 and hers started to not accept calls about a month or two ago.  No problem with Text or outgoing calls.  When I, or anyone calls her phone the caller can hear 2 rings then it goes right to voicemail.  On her phone it records no call in the history, nor does it ring.  She, however, can turn around and call me right back while standing next to me.  (same carrier, same tower, same phone).  

We did the usual - factory reset the phone  - didn't work

We got a new S7 from Verizon when they couldn't fix it - didn't work

The issue does go away for a short while if she reboots her phone.  This was the case for both the factory reset and the new replacement phone. 

My phone same S7 bought at the same time does not and never has experienced this issue.  Both phones are up to date with the latest updates.

Hopefully, this might help eliminate some of the "try this" solutions.  The SIM card was replaced when she got her new S7 replacement phone.  Not sure where to go from here, any ideas?

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-G930V

REV0.6

Verizon

Android 8.0.0

Samsung experience vers 9.0

Kernel 3.18.71

On an incoming call my phone will ring and show the caller ID but will not allow me to answer, the phone actually seems to lock up, I cannot hang up, answer, and the screen will not respond to touch until the caller hangs up.

Same problem as everyone else.  Texting works fine with no issues incoming or outgoing.  Some of the numbers that did not allow me to answer 2 weeks ago now work fine incoming.

Calls from Government officials cannot be answered.  (I work in Gov contracting)

I have deleted all the apps installed since the problem started around the 1st of November 2018 with no success. 

???? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend taking the device to your nearest UbreakIfix or Samsung experience shop, located in Best Buy.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the exact issue I am having, first it was sporadic now it’s every call. Did you find a solution to this? I ask you because Samsung obviously doesn’t care.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is exactly what happens to my s7, did you find a solution to this? I ask you because Samsung obviously doesn’t care.