Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 will not receive incoming calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s7 is now not receiving phone calls this bits

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information? 

userFyaACyDqSV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model SM-G930P Baseband version G930PVPS8CRJ2  Kernel version 3.18.71-13955230 dpi@21HH1F06 #1 Fri Oct 12 16:04:53 KST 2018 ..using Sprint   I'm getting about 1/2 of calls going directly to voicemail, no call blocking features turned on.

userFyaACyDqSV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would add that calls that go directly to voicemail DO NOT show up in the incoming call log within the phone app and do not ring the phone.

userSTp3MUsDa4
Constellation

Galaxy S7 will not receive incoming calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues with my phone:

Carrier: Berizon

Phone Make: Samsung

Phone Model: S7

Baseband Version: G920VVRU4DRE1

Android Version: 7.0

Android Patch level: March 1, 2018

Kernel Version: 3.10.61

Build number: NRD90M.G920VVRU4DRE1

Have worked with Verizon, my carrier.  We reset the device, network setting, etc.  No resolution.

Need a solution ASAP so I can continue to be a Samsung and Android user.  Otherwise I will need to look at the Apple offerings as an alternative due to this instability and unreliability.

userx374CavIKE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue with the 2 Samsung S7s we have.  Talked with Sprint and still can't receive calls. Don't want to upgrade and have to pay for the phones again.

userc8haTQowJ4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mine started this with the update last week. I will receive texts, emails and vmail but not calls. It makes call fine. Please help.
SM-G930V
G930VVRU8CRJ3
Verizon says it is not them
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

user2LtCs4D7v9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know I'm not the poster above, but I have this same issue (posted in another thread here) and safe mode makes no difference whatsoever.  Factory reset also doesn't help and Verizon say's it's not a problem on their end.

Highlighted
sam8988378
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Somehow I don't think all these people are using the same carrier, and it happened after the last update, so I'm not inclined to thing all the carriers got together, wrote a common snippet of code to mess with Samsung phones.  More likely something in the update behaves badly with code common with cell providers?  Looks like I'm not updating until this is sorted out.  I have enough phone problems.

Is it possible to restore your phone(s) from a backup, to a pre update OS?  If you have one it might be an idea to do this until all the kinks are worked out.