Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
useruOrUUxMXAx
Constellation

Galaxy S7 won't power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was using my phone and the phone did not feel warm or over heated (I was inside in air conditioning). The phone suddenly turns off and since I have not been able to power it back on. I have tried to soft reset, safe mode, remove SIM card and SD card then boot up, and I plugged into the charger to see if the battery was still working. I let it sit on the charger for about 5 minutes to see if it was getting warm as suggested and nothing there. After leaving it on the charger a little longer I tried all of the above again. Phone is undamaged and is 1.5 years old probably not under warranty anymore. I did recently install a firmware update from my carrier Verizon just last week the 30th of June 2017. I do carry insurance through Asurion but I will fight tooth and nail before I pay the 100$ deductible to have my phone replaced because of a factory issue.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Galaxy S7 won't power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruOrUUxMXAx

You're in luck. Asurion insurance comes with a warranty that extends until you stop paying for it. Contact VZW Tech Support by dialing #8899 and follow their troubleshooting then get a replacement.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
1 REPLY 1
Red Giant

Re: Galaxy S7 won't power on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruOrUUxMXAx

You're in luck. Asurion insurance comes with a warranty that extends until you stop paying for it. Contact VZW Tech Support by dialing #8899 and follow their troubleshooting then get a replacement.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/