Original topic:

Galaxy S8+ : Black Screen of Death?

(Topic created: 07-24-2021 06:36 PM)
users2aIZOa3Ik
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

It's been about a year and a half or so now since the problem happened with my sister's phone. One morning, her phone suddenly glitched, pixels showed and then it shut off entirely. I believed perhaps it had to do with the pixels of the phone OR that perhaps it was just a usual black screen of death. I've tried every possible method that I could find online...

With the methods tried, I've come to the conclusions that it can not be the pixels because the logo appears and the restart options appear when I hold down the volume button and home button. When selecting the options to restart, it seems to work as the logo appears but then it just dies again. 

We've even brought it to someone to look at and they seem to not know what to do with it either. I am here to ask if anyone will know what other options we may test? Perhaps it's entire burnt out...

It is entirely unresponsive as of now, no sounds, nothing.

We don't want to lose any of the memorable images that are on this phone...Please help. Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. I would recommend that you reach out to one of our service locations in your area to resolve your issue. Here's a link to find one close to you in your area. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. I would recommend that you reach out to one of our service locations in your area to resolve your issue. Here's a link to find one close to you in your area. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

0 Likes