JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 08-17-2018 10:28 AM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

477 Replies
timstack
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So after reading some of 39 pages the issue I'm having when I come into my home wifi the galaxy s8 is only connecting to 2 4 ghz is a known issue? Now if I Forget my home network and put password back in does connect to 5 ghz. Any fix? Did Reset phone network settings but I don't want to do a Factory reset.

0 Likes
Blkparader
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Factory reset won't work either, so don't worry about it. 

There doesn't seem to be a fix, other than switching brands or possibly upgrading to a 9

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung service center. and have them look at it. 

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userbSpFmBnPdx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the exact same issue and it's very irritating. It makes me really mad and disappointed. I thought it had something to do with my Wi-Fi but then it wasn't. It's in the phone. I've seen several posts like this on Google but yet there is no fix for it at the time. If that makes you angry, You're not alone 

0 Likes
userDgPfqqflzp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I got this problem too, i got 3 routers on my home , after an updatr router 2 and 3 working fine, but router 1 tells me internet may not be available, my s4 doesnt ahve any problem with the same router so obviusly samsung u need a job to do here !! , or this will be the last time i bought ur product !!! 

0 Likes
userV5t4bprqHs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I read about many many users having this problem.

The same for me in Italy with a no-brand S8 +

I also tried excluding fingertip recognition, as I read in a post as a possible solution, but the problem is still there

Of course also resetted the router and the Access Point, bought a new Linksys Access Point, cancelled cache partition, cancelled all the netweok connection (also affecting the bluetooth connection to be re-created)

Nothing to do

I just noted that on 2.4GHz band the problem is less frequent but still exist. Most problems with 5GHz

It's indeed strange that Samsung has not yet been able to sort out the problem with so many S8 sold

Also it's indecent that here no Samsung personnel is providing any info about the stage of the problem investigation...

MisterMT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ditto for this problem.  Verizon S8.

Is there any movement on this, Samsung?

0 Likes
userrTSbBAXy1C
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I do have some wifi issue with s8 plus from indonesia, sometimes exclamation mark appear on router 2 , and exclamation mark on router 3 when connected, funny enough my s4 and ipad 4th doesnt have problem at all with all my router, samsung u have problem with your phone, dont be a  denial and says there are no problem while the fact states differently. This problem occur after firmware updates on july, so it seems its related with firmware. Well its new phone, gives you chance till next update, or gonna switch to other brand 

0 Likes
AggiePhiKT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am having the same issue with my T-Mobile Galaxy S8+. Just started happening after the update this past weekend.
0 Likes
userFzAc63MgaM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank God someone else is having this problem. I've been scouring the internet since this WiFi problem started after the last T-Mobile update. I thought firmware updates are supposed to fix problems not create them!  Arggg!

0 Likes