cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9qYGIkk9Ze
Constellation

Galaxy S8+ factory defect: battery expanded/seperated, cracked back of phone, fire hazard

The battery on my Galaxy S8+ has expanded and cracked the back of the phone. I've been having issues with it and my service provider showed me how to do a "soft reset", after doing this multiple times a day for 2 months, they informed me on my third trip in, that its a factory defect which we didnt notice because ive had a case on the phone since day 1. They informed me that its a fire hazard, and samsung will stand behind it but the closest place to get it replaced is over 60miles away from me. I am a small business owner and have been without a phone for over a week. Is there any way to overnight this to get the issue resolved? I apparently dropped my insurance so and i wont pay the $90 for a dead horse to get an upgrade. Phone is only 1 yr old and in mint condition because of protective glass and otterbox case but now has a damage from a factory defect! any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S8+ factory defect: battery expanded/seperated, cracked back of phone, fire hazard

Hey there!

I would recommend reaching out to us directly at 1-800-SAM-SUNG and we will be happy to look into your concerns.

Hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.