Original topic:

Galaxy S9 Dim screen, flickering, horizontal (scan) lines, yellow/green filter issue.

(Topic created: 07-18-2022 06:57 PM)
nicksmmith
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So, out of nowhere, my S9's screen went dim and yellow. I didn't install anything new, didn't change any configurations, just picked up my phone and the issue was there. And there's more, not only it's dim and yellow all over, but after a couple minutes, scan lines (or horizontal lines) start to appear as well, along with brightness flickering, like a retro VHS damage effect. It's very frustrating. The only work around that I managed to find was to put the brightness on 100% and then the scan lines are gone but it's still dim and yellow. 

I've been looking for solutions online and, so far, the only thing that managed to fix (momentarily) was to wipe the cache partition. I rebooted afterwards and, in a few minutes, the issue came back.

It's pretty shameful that a top tier device like the S series from Samsung would develop such an annoying and seemingly inexplicable error.

Plz help with this.

9 Replies
mercutiovelasquez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My S10 did that, I reset multiple times and nothing worked. Good luck to you!
0 Likes
nicksmmith
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

found this link on another community post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-amoled-pwmfree.3898070/page-3#post-78953726

ppl said this apk fixed the issue for them. the problem is that the link is down

0 Likes
For-You
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Seem like it can be but no promises.
Change your battery, there is not much power and can be this issue.
I hope you fix this.
It happening bc you may be hit your screen didt know so , it can be the screen.
So try , I mean test that with new battery, then new screen.
There is always plan B
Buy the new 1. (Sorry for that)
But hey you will have a new phone.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

what's the s/w version your currently on?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Also, possible videos? 

nicksmmith
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

One UI version: 2.5

Android version: 10

Build number: QP1A.190711.020.G9600ZHU9FVA1

0 Likes
nicksmmith
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I uploaded a video showing the glitch:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/mX6XX8G9ChQ

The glitch actually takes many forms and this one is the latest.

0 Likes
user6oi5tJ2rr5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having the same issue with my S9. None of the posted solutions have worked. I paid too much for this phone to simply buy a new one because Samsung has dropped the quality of their products. Ask me about our 2007 TV versus our 2020 TV quality.

My next phone will not be a Samsung.

0 Likes
dipen08it419
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This issue showed up on my phone out of no where since last few days. Not gonna buy Samsung again for sure.

0 Likes