Original topic:

Galaxy S9 Plus status bar icon size question.

(Topic created: 06-21-2021 06:07 PM)
graywoulf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello all,

My new S9 Plus has great screen resolution but with my aging vision I have a hard time seeing the status bar icons. I wear reading glasses but I do not always have them handy so I would like to know if there is a way to make the status bar icons larger without having to make the font size huge.

Thanks for any help with this.

0 Likes
2 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not sure if there is a suggestion box at Samsung Members but you could try chatting with one of the agents on the app or the samsung's website and get your suggested feature across. I think it would be a great idea to have a feature that allowed larger icons without messing with the fonts (maybe there already is one but I, too, am not aware). My parents are suffering from the same 'I need my glasses' 

graywoulf1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

It seems that the status bar is purely Android related and not a Samsung product. The only way I could find to easily modify the status bar on my phone was through an app called "Super Status Bar" that I found on Google Play. It has a lot of features that I liked but it has one caveat in that if it is installed, the status bar will lose it's transparency which I do not mind at all. You can add or remove specific icons also. 

For example, I could add a clock and a battery level percentage display which I like a lot. The color of the status bar can be customized as well as the text color. I set the color of my status bar to match my wallpaper as you can see in the photo. You can make the text a little bit larger but if you do, it will take up too much space.

I tried several apps like this one and they fell short of matching this app's features. I hope this helps you out too.

"Super Status Bar" example"Super Status Bar" example