Original topic:

Galaxy S9 - Samsung home experience

(Topic created: 10-16-2022 09:40 PM)
g2021
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I love my galaxy 9 so much that even though I upgrade  I kept it & the number bc of its SD features and ability to use wired headphones but here's the problem..

I turned it on last night and it keeps freezing and saying "samsung home experience had crashed" I can't access my app page. It's not only samsung home but occasionally something with Google with crash too. 
I tried sending the information to samsung but it crashes & closes out before I can.

Any advice? 
*Factory reset is something I want to avoid AT ALL COSTS* There's entirely 2 much of importance on there and moving the data from one device to another device I've had bad experiences with before so I'd really like to avoid doing that.

Thank you all for any help & tips. 

9 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Find those apps in settings and clear the cache/data. Update those apps if there's an update. Start with that if you haven't already and see it helps any.
g2021
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I clear out my cache/data often but I never thought of updating old apps that makes a lot of sense Thank you. I'm going to try that & look at the steps for the "partition cache clean out" belay mentioned & hopefully it'll work.
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try a partition cache clear. It's almost as good as a factory reset at clearing out software bugs without the hassle of having to back up all of your data. Here are the steps:
https://thedroidguy.com/wipe-cache-partition-samsung-galaxy-s9-benefits-1081023
g2021
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you! I will check that out & see if it helps.
0 Likes
userYBcfwLJA9Z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I had to walk away from my galaxy nine . I was informed the software is outdated and My battery was almost wore out I loved it so much
0 Likes
g2021
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is my worst fear 😭 Its an amazing back up phone.
0 Likes
userYBcfwLJA9Z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It was.the best phone I ever had. I have an A13 now I don't care for it as much. Life goes on and technology is moving too fast. Not even tech support people can keep up.
0 Likes
Elizabethdottolo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung Galaxy 9+
0 Likes
g2021
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I tried all these things & I'm still experiencing problems. Thankfully I upgraded but I'm not ready to let that phone go yet. I'm going to keep trying to clean the cache/cookies & partition bc that helped for a little while & maybe free up some memory. I'll post & let anyone know if that works.

Thanks again