Original topic:

Galaxy S9 Unlocked: NEVER Updates

(Topic created: 09-16-2021 08:52 AM)
GalaxyVermont
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Help... just discovered that my wife's Galaxy S9 (SM-960U), purchased unlocked two years ago through Amazon, has NEVER updated.  It's forever stuck on Android 9, One UI 1.0, with the latest security patch from June 1, 2019. OTA update tells me the phone is completely "up to date".

Ideas?

5 Replies
Nan7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I get notified "new voicemail." Normally I click on the voice mail ph # displayed, it connects me to V.M. But now when I click to hear messages, instantly the screen jumps back to "New Voicemail."I can't retrieve any!! It happened a couple weeks ago, I reset and it was ok till new update done! I don't like having to constantly reset.
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I am sorry you are having issues with getting updates on your S9. Can you provide the latest software version it says you have? Also, give this article an attempt just in case: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582/

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Likes
GalaxyVermont
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Which software version description are you referring to (other than Android 9, One UI 1.0)? Thanks!

0 Likes
GalaxyVermont
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Neither OTA nor Smart Switch can find any updates to a phone forever stuck on Android 9 / One UI 1.0 with a June, 1, 2019 security patch. What specifically do you mean by "latest software version"?

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Use Odin and Sammobile to manually flash it
0 Likes