Original topic:

Galaxy S9 erased home page icon. Can't run the app or recover it.

(Topic created: 07-23-2021 02:30 PM)
userh36UrZIgSA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The icon for Microsoft’s Yourphone app has disappeared from the home screen on my Galaxy S9.  I’d been using it regularly ever since it was released, but two weeks ago it vanished, and I haven’t been able to link the phone to Windows 10 ever since.

I’ve been on a futile web search to restore the functionality ever since.  The program is definitely not hidden or disabled.  (It appears under apps in the phone settings, with “disable” greyed out and “force stop” non-functional.)

I figured that I just had to uninstall it and then re-install it, but you can only uninstall UPDATES to the program and then reinstall them, which leaves the program in its current state.  You can’t uninstall the entire program.

I went to “link to windows” under advanced features in settings.  The switch was turned off.  I tried to run the setup procedure again, but there’s no way that I can obtain a QR code.  The webpage they say to go to – www.aka.ms/yourphoneQRC just reroutes you to a web search page.

All I need is the icon back so that I can RUN the program.  Do I have any hope of recovering it?

0 Likes
1 Reply
userh36UrZIgSA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Problem solved.  I finally got a QR code by accessing that web address via a link (like the one above) rather than entering it in the browser as per the instructions.  There's still no icon for the application, but functionality has been restored.

0 Likes