Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Michael 0713
Asteroid

Galaxy X4 Bluetooth pairs to wireless earphones and Car but no sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been using bluetooth headphones and car audio without problems for a few years, but a week ago it just stop playing sound at all. The headphone jack plays fine as does the external speaker. Also noticed if I have bluetooth enabled all youtube videos show error until I disable bluetooth. I've cleaned the headphone jack, pulled the battery, reinstalled spotify, booted in safe mode. I haven't found a solution anywhere online. Last resort would be to factory reset, just hoping there's a fix before I go to the trouble. Thanks to anyone who can help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael 0713
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy X4 Bluetooth pairs to wireless earphones and Car but no sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found two possible solutions you might try:

If you have Allcast by ClockworkMod, uninstall it

Last resort...Factory Reset.

I couldn't find the problem so I did a factory reset and everything worked fine. A few days later I reinstalled Allcast and bluetooth stopped working. Uninstalled the app and bluetooth worked immediately after.

Hope this helps you

8 REPLIES 8
useryzV8Fvy3RT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem with my s5.  Just started this week.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @Michael 0713 & @useryzV8Fvy3RT. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
We certainly want to assist further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific devices and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier, when you started noticing this happen, was their an update to the device before hand, and what you've already tried to fix it. Keep in mind that if the device works fairly normally, had an update shortly before this started, and works with other bluetooth devices, it might be an update is needed to the car or another one to the device itself. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Michael 0713
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you SamsungViv Smiley Happy

Model: SAMSUNG-SGH-1337Z

BB Ver: I337ZTUUBOA

Carrier: Cricket

Android: 4.4.2

I noticed the problem 2 weeks ago...not sure if if any updates had happened. I have auto update set and don't pay too much attention to when they are being updated exactly. The phone was working perfectly except for all bluetooth functions music or video related. I tried other bluetooth devices such as headphones, Bose external speaker and car audio, but could only get them to pair...no audio. Surprisingly I could make hands free calls in the car with bluetooth enabled and audio worked. After trying some simple solutions to resolve the problem without success, I resorted to backing everything up and doing a factory reset. End result is that bluetooth functions perfectly now. Been using it with earphones and car audio for about a day now and all is well. I don't have every app that I had installed originally and I am being very selective of what I put back on so I don't reproduce the problem. If you have any insights on any potential conflicts with my current model or software version, please forward.

Thank you for the support

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Of course! I'm glad to hear that things are working now, even though you did have to do that factory reset. It can sure be a pain to do, but it's amazing how often it can truly fix things. You can slowly put back your apps, just keep an eye on things. If the sound cuts out again, remove the last app or two until it returns. It's not an exact science, but you can avoid whatever is causing it specifically that way without resorting back to a factory reset again that way. Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Michael 0713
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found the app causing the problem!  Allcast by ClockworkMod in the Playstore. It's the free version. I bought their premium version 18 months ago, maybe longer. For some reason you have to install the free version, then buy the premium to unlock it. I reinstalled last night to stream some movies. This morning the car audio bluetooth didn't work and the bluetooth earphones. I uninstalled the app and bluetooth worked immediately after.

Spread the word

useryYxsZ4rGmF
Constellation

Galaxy S4 Bluetooth speaker

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My issue is similar to Michael0713's problem. Model: SGH-M919 Carrier: T-Mobile Version: 4.4.4 Bb: M919UVSFQA1 Build#: KTU84P.M919UVSFQA1 Issue only began 2 weeks ago; previously worked perfectly for years. I use a Bluetooth speaker. It will play music fine (Playlist or streaming). When I try to play youtube, Netflix, or Amazon Prime videos I get no sound from the BT speaker or on phone until I turn BT off on my phone. Turning off the device doesn't resolve the problem - I MUST turn off BT on my phone to get local sound to play on the videos. However, and to further complicate the issue, when I try to play my music again (which previously worked, mind you), I get NOTHING. No sound through the BT speaker nor on the phone, even with BT off, until I restart the phone. Last week I was searching for solutions & checked for a software update (even though I have auto updates selected). Lo & behold there was a brand new one that hadn't automatically updated yet, so I installed it with hopes that it would solve this problem. It did not. I am loathe to do a system reset. If I'm gonna go to that much trouble, then I might as well root it & install a custom ROM so I can finally get rid of all the bloatware. Perhaps the modem needs to be updated? Idk...but I would appreciate any assistance you could provide.
useryYxsZ4rGmF
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S4 Bluetooth speaker

JUMP TO SOLUTION
P.S. I do NOT have Allcast installed on my device.
Michael 0713
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found two possible solutions you might try:

If you have Allcast by ClockworkMod, uninstall it

Last resort...Factory Reset.

I couldn't find the problem so I did a factory reset and everything worked fine. A few days later I reinstalled Allcast and bluetooth stopped working. Uninstalled the app and bluetooth worked immediately after.

Hope this helps you