Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy battery explodes

IMG-20190703-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20190703-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20190703-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190703-WA0004.jpg

Hi, last night we had a huge fright as my Galaxy s5 exploded and burnt. It was charging with its Samsung charger and it used to work perfectly. As you can see in the pictures it just melted down. 

Luckily it was resting on the bathroom top which is not flamable, else who knows what could have happened. My kids, my husband and the house could have not survived a fire at 4 am. I can see that I am not the only one with this problem and I would like to know how Samsung deals with this faulty battery issue.

Kind regards

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy battery explodes

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear of this, I hope you are okay? I'd be happy to look into this for you. Mind shooting me a message here with your model code and IMEI number: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Hi, 

I provided all the data requested two days ago, but I did not get contacted by Samsung :-(

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Your information has been escalated. You will be contacted soon.

@SamsungLarry wrote:

Your information has been escalated. You will be contacted soon.

Hi @SamsungLarry  , @SamsungCole , thanks for escalating his, but I can assure you that nobody has contacted me in more than a week. Would you be so kind as to explain how this was escalated and in which timeframe I would get contacted and what would be the next steps?

Many thanks in advance.

@SamsungCole wrote:

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear of this, I hope you are okay? I'd be happy to look into this for you. Mind shooting me a message here with your model code and IMEI number: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Hi @SamsungLarry  , @SamsungCole , thanks for escalating his, but I can assure you that nobody has contacted me in more than a week. Would you be so kind as to explain how this was escalated and in which timeframe I would get contacted and what would be the next steps?

Many thanks in advance.

Samsung_CbmQCEE
Astronaut

Thanks

Thanks

userBa68KK3JCI
Constellation

If the charger you were using was a fast charge charger t...

If the charger you were using was a fast charge charger then that would be the cause of the battery explosion. When my wife used my s7 charger to charge her s5 it made the battery swell and get enlarged over time, it was on the verge of it exploding but we caught it in time.