Original topic:

Galaxy s10 screen insensitivity

(Topic created: 04-07-2022 05:26 AM)
Siouxzi99s83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have become SO frustrated with my Galaxy s10! I love the phone, it's a great model, but the screen never responds to my touch. I have to repeatedly click/touch on what I am trying to access or when I am using keyboard. EVERY SINGLE TIME. No other Galaxy model that I have had has ever had this type of issue. This happening with no screen saver on it and no accidental touch protection activated either. Has anyone else had/has the same insensitivity problem with the screen? Any suggestions to fix? Appreciate any input offered - Thanx! 
6 Replies
SAMSUNG44
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No I haven't had that issue you might need to replace the screen
0 Likes
Siouxzi99s83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Wow. I bought it brand new, sealed in box and have had this issue from the start, so I didn't even think of that. Thanx for answering, I do appreciate it but I really hope that's not it.
0 Likes
DarkPhox
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Do you have a screen protector on it? Or a case with a built in screen protector? That can affect how the screen responds to touch. Samsung has a setting to help with that though:
Head to settings < display < touch sensitivity < toggle it on
Siouxzi99s83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No, like I described, no screen protector of any kind and the touch sensitivity is activated so it should be wicked touchy in theory.
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

great comments here 🙂

as DarkPhox noted, screen protects can hinder touch sensitivity... as well as come defective out of the box as SAMSUNG44 noted.

visit authorized repair center for hardware checkup 

0 Likes
Siouxzi99s83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanx. I was hoping to avoid a repair center as the nearest is over 50 miles from me and the expense of Samsung repairs are way over what I can do. I'm still trying to pay the phone itself off.
0 Likes