cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy s5 screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So my phone's screen shuts off out of the nowhere specially when I try to watch videos. The screen just go black but I can still tap on things on my screen as if it was on. What could I do? Take it to the store, reboot my phone or idk?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Black Hole

Re: Galaxy s5 screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, @Tita21. We would like to recommend clearing the cached data of your device. To do this you will power down the device and upon start up you will hold the volume up, home, and power keys until the device powers on into a boot mode. Once there you will use the Volume keys to navigate to the wipe cache partition option. You will then use the power key to select this. This will delete only temporary files used by the device and should not delete any saved data. Once this is complete. You will then select reboot system option by using the power button to select this.

You may additionally remove and reinstall the application as well. If you are still experiencing this problem, we recommend reaching out to the developer for additional troubleshooting or other information they may have available. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, Tita21. We are glad to have you here in our Samsung Community and we are happy to see you reaching out to your fellow members for support. Please provide us more information about your specific device.

Can we get the exact model number and Baseband (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier? This will better allow us and the community to assist you both now and in the future!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The model number is SM-G900T and Baseband is G900TUVS1GPG2.  Carrier T-mobile. Why exactly is all this needed if I may ask? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for the confusion, we ask this information  to have a better idea of what kind of setup you are dealing with. For example the baseband version is the software version that tells us if everything is up-to date and the model/carrier will tell us which operating system you have. Does this only happen with certain applications or all of them? Or have you by chance tried loading the phone into safe mode to see if this happens there?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh. The screen will go black when im on apps or just have it on my home screen. It mainly happens when I'm trying to watch a videos on youtube though. 

Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, @Tita21. We would like to recommend clearing the cached data of your device. To do this you will power down the device and upon start up you will hold the volume up, home, and power keys until the device powers on into a boot mode. Once there you will use the Volume keys to navigate to the wipe cache partition option. You will then use the power key to select this. This will delete only temporary files used by the device and should not delete any saved data. Once this is complete. You will then select reboot system option by using the power button to select this.

You may additionally remove and reinstall the application as well. If you are still experiencing this problem, we recommend reaching out to the developer for additional troubleshooting or other information they may have available. 

View solution in original post