Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userELiKCcEQZW
Constellation

Galaxy s6 alarm clock going haywire

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Recently (June 8-9, 2018) took in an update for the s6 Galaxy. The wife and I both have one. Since then the system has set and - annoyingly - started ringing the alarm clock every day at 6:30 am. We have tried deleting the alarm in the clock app several times to no avail. The clock resets itself - without my permission - and consistently rings at 6:30 am - on both phones, and waking us up jarringly. It was fine before this latest update.  I hate alarms as it is already, but when the phone resets itself, even after we DELETE it, then something is fundamentally wrong. Whoever set this system up that way is on my list now....anyone have any good ideas, besides using a sledgehammer?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s6 alarm clock going haywire

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend placing your phone in safe mode overnight to see if the alarm comes back after being deleted. Safe mode will disable all third-party apps that may cause this to happen. 

To get into safe mode, just do the following:

• Power your device down
  • Then power it back on
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo until the phone is powered on. 

Let me know how this works.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend placing your phone in safe mode overnight to see if the alarm comes back after being deleted. Safe mode will disable all third-party apps that may cause this to happen. 

To get into safe mode, just do the following:

• Power your device down
  • Then power it back on
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo until the phone is powered on. 

Let me know how this works.

userELiKCcEQZW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks much, Rondo. I have since discovered that the problem was another App (Sleep number's "Sleep IQ" - we just got a new bed, which is connected via bluetooth to the phone and the Internet). There is an alarm function there that seems to over-ride the Clock App on the phone. I have now turned Sleep IQ's "Smart Alarm" off. Hard to consider it very smart when it wakes you up a half hour before your scheduled time. Anyway, that worked this morning, so I did not need to try your safe mode solution. That would have probably worked as well. Another example of the potential pitfalls of tying everything to the Internet and phones - my old-fashioned non-Internet alarm clock - set to music - has always worked fine!
Mrm35150
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried going into your app permissions setting and denying permissions to the alarm app specifically?

userELiKCcEQZW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks MrM;
See my reply to Rondo below. I had turned the clock app's alarm off, but the Sleep Number App overrode that and set it on again.