cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqDpwEFFWxW
Asteroid

Galaxy s6 freezes/crashes when I unplug earbuds

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this problem for at least a year and a half and I haven't heard of anyone else having it.

It used to be that if I accidentally unplugged my headphones while my screen was locked, my music would just pause, but a while ago it started freezing then crashing if I accidentally unplugged my headphones while the phone is locked. One single time, after an update, I was given an error notification that said something like "processing system has stopped working." Other than that, the crashes are fairly unpredictable. Sometimes the phone would restart as soon as I tried to unlock the screen. Once it waited about five minutes before I tried to open Google, then it restarted. One other time it didn't crash when I expected it to, so it's just random enough to be very annoying.

I'm sure this is a problem with my phone, and not a particular app, because this has happened while I was listening to music on several apps.

I don't know whether or not this would be helpful, but this error also occurs when bluetooth devices disconnect with my phone still locked.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: This is with all music apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The cache partition contains most of the temporary files, logs, and remembered bits from the various applications on your Android device.  They can also be left over files from before your last Android update.  If that happens your device could be trying to use stored files that are not meant for your current version of Android.  Think of it the same way you think of your browser cache.  Just like a browser cache, sometimes those stored bits cause more problem than they solve and so it is a good idea to delete the cache periodically. Wiping the cache will NOT delete your apps or your data or your configuration.  It will simply delete the temporary junk. The possible effects of wiping your cache partition include a slight increase in battery use as the system rebuilds your cache. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s6 freezes/crashes when I unplug earbuds

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you updated the device recently?

userqDpwEFFWxW
Asteroid

My settings say that I have the latest software update in...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My settings say that I have the latest software update installed. I've updated the software at least twice since the problem started

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My settings say that I have the latest software update in...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen with all music apps or a specific music app?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s6 freezes/crashes when I unplug earbuds

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Samsung_elTnBmU
Astronaut
userqDpwEFFWxW
Asteroid

This is with all music apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is with all music apps

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: This is with all music apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The cache partition contains most of the temporary files, logs, and remembered bits from the various applications on your Android device.  They can also be left over files from before your last Android update.  If that happens your device could be trying to use stored files that are not meant for your current version of Android.  Think of it the same way you think of your browser cache.  Just like a browser cache, sometimes those stored bits cause more problem than they solve and so it is a good idea to delete the cache periodically. Wiping the cache will NOT delete your apps or your data or your configuration.  It will simply delete the temporary junk. The possible effects of wiping your cache partition include a slight increase in battery use as the system rebuilds your cache. 

View solution in original post

userqDpwEFFWxW
Asteroid

What is a cache partition?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is a cache partition?

userqDpwEFFWxW
Asteroid

Hey, I think this fixed the issue, thanks a bunch!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I think this fixed the issue, thanks a bunch!