cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy s7 7.0 Phone keeps crashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone, I got a galaxy s7 the 31 of March, and Im having problems already. It auto updates to 7.0 the first day, but the real problem is that when I am using ANY APP sometime the phone heats up to the point of where it hurts to hold, turns of screen 30-80 seconds to get a responce or feedback once I tap something. What should I do. Even clearning the apps open still doesnt help much. Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy s7 7.0 Phone keeps crashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't hurt yourself! I would hate for you to get badly burned or anything. Have you already tried factory resetting your phone back to it's original settings? Before doing any of that though definitely make a back up of your phone if you already have important stuff stored on it you wouldn't want to lose. Next thing to try is clearing out the cache partition as residual data could be stored somewhere, and if it's causing troubles it could be affecting the phone itself. After that I'll want you to put your phone into Safe Mode, which will disable any third party app you have, this will let us know if there's an app behind this or not.

Here are the links to easy to follow guides on how to do both - How To: Clear the Cache Partition & Using Safe Mode to Troubleshoot

If neither of these seem to help, you may want to bring your phone immediately back to your carrier and let them know what's going on. They may have a speedier resolution, but if not, you'll want to reach out directly to our Samsung Support Team to see about setting up an evaluation of the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy s7 7.0 Phone keeps crashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't hurt yourself! I would hate for you to get badly burned or anything. Have you already tried factory resetting your phone back to it's original settings? Before doing any of that though definitely make a back up of your phone if you already have important stuff stored on it you wouldn't want to lose. Next thing to try is clearing out the cache partition as residual data could be stored somewhere, and if it's causing troubles it could be affecting the phone itself. After that I'll want you to put your phone into Safe Mode, which will disable any third party app you have, this will let us know if there's an app behind this or not.

Here are the links to easy to follow guides on how to do both - How To: Clear the Cache Partition & Using Safe Mode to Troubleshoot

If neither of these seem to help, you may want to bring your phone immediately back to your carrier and let them know what's going on. They may have a speedier resolution, but if not, you'll want to reach out directly to our Samsung Support Team to see about setting up an evaluation of the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post