Galaxy s7 Edge Autocorrect Disappearing

Galaxy s7 Edge Autocorrect Disappearing

After the latest update my autocorrect disappeared from several apps and I don't know why. Predictive text is still enabled and works for texting but nothing else.
5 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s7 Edge Autocorrect Disappearing

Hi there @userCUnIt5lcCL Just to clarify, so we can get you all the best possible troubleshooting, are you referring to the personal dictionary part of your auto correct or the general auto correct?

Autocorrect in general
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for checking @userCUnIt5lcCL. I spoke with an colleage of mine who's device pushed the same update and their keyboard app erased all of their personal dictionary and autocorrect too. It may be something that happens after an update and as far as I know, there's no way to recover words you may have added previously. I would however go into your Settings > General Management > Language and Input to make sure your Default keyboard is set to the Samsung Keyboard.

it's not that my previously added words are gone but rather the entire autocorrect bar disappears for no reason at all and I am using the Samsung keyboard that came with my phone
Samsung Moderator

That's definitely odd @userCUnIt5lcCL  Anyone else seeing this problem?Let us know if you have a work around!