Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userUDPRtGZbA0
Asteroid

Galaxy s7 contacts not syncing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S7 is running Oreo. I'm using Samsung's contacts which won't sync with Google contacts. I looked at all the other posts about this problem but none of them seem to apply.  As far as I can tell I have all the right permissions enabled. I've tried syncing from the Contacts app and from the Cloud and Accounts part of settings. The phone says it's syncing, and the little arrows go round, but the new contact on my phone does not make it into google contacts on my computer or tablet. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userUDPRtGZbA0
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy s7 contacts not syncing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never mind, I found the answer on another forum. Basically you have to designate a contact as "google" not "phone" when you first enter it into the phone. (You can't change it later.) Once I did that, the contact synced. What a misleading and unnecessarily complicated arrangement.  And the manuals leave out that kind of essential detail. On my last phone, which was running Android 4, no such problem existed. 

Also learned I can make Google the default: Contacts>menu> manage>default storage

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

userUDPRtGZbA0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never mind, I found the answer on another forum. Basically you have to designate a contact as "google" not "phone" when you first enter it into the phone. (You can't change it later.) Once I did that, the contact synced. What a misleading and unnecessarily complicated arrangement.  And the manuals leave out that kind of essential detail. On my last phone, which was running Android 4, no such problem existed. 

Also learned I can make Google the default: Contacts>menu> manage>default storage

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great. Please feel free to reach out any time.