cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s7 edge sudden battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have experienced sudden battery drain at around 80% of the battery usage specially when the phone is in idle. 3 months back also this happened and a settings reset helped out the problem. But thos time even settings reset didn't help. I have attached a scrrenshot of how my last charge was spent. Please help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Galaxy s7 edge sudden battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.. I did a internet research on most of the possible causes.. Then cleaned the cache, uninstalled oculus and its related apps. After doing all these the next time phone took more than 4 hours to fully charge while on fast charger, and now the problem seems to be settled. Im using the phone from that single charge from morning throughout,and its running fine at 31% of battery now.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @PavithraWijesin

That is one serious drop off! Considering the steps that worked last time aren't working this time, it might be time to consider sending the device in for an evaluation and repair. Definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.. I did a internet research on most of the possible causes.. Then cleaned the cache, uninstalled oculus and its related apps. After doing all these the next time phone took more than 4 hours to fully charge while on fast charger, and now the problem seems to be settled. Im using the phone from that single charge from morning throughout,and its running fine at 31% of battery now.

View solution in original post

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome. Glad to hear that things are doing better now.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you
EPCins
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone goes from 80% + o - to 0% just from calling a number(not talking). What can it be?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userGcdm9IIUmO

Did you try the suggestions here in this thread to fix that?

userRFVT62Mh52
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me as well. THANKS!

Gaily
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, It isn't the phone, it's the update. Everyone is having the same problem with the phone draining after the last two updates. When is Samsung coming out with a fix? Thanks!

Gaily
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This isn't an individual phone. It is happening all over the communities after the last two updates. Is Samsung going to come out with a patch or fix for it?