Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

Constellation

Re: Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

I just spoke with customer service, and they advised me to turn my Samsung S8+ into safe mode and see if similar issues continue as i have similar problems. They feel (and i don't buy that) that its possible that issues with my programs that i transferred from my old Note 4. By turning safe mode those programs will be inactive and it will give me an indication if they are right or not.
Asteroid

Mine is randomly going black screen with a padlock that unlocks on main screen. Then I'm forced to put in my pin code, the phone saying it's restarted. I too had transferred all apps and stuff from a Note 4

Asteroid

Updates for all you guys here, I called Samsung e-Commerce department again today, and they give me 2 options.   #1. Send in the phone for repair. (I didnt like this because why repair a NEW phone I purchased with full price, and it is only 1 day old.  Plus the problems occurred (unexpectedly rebooting by itself) within 30 minutes I first turn on the phone, and it turned very often since Friday morning).   #2. Send it in for full refund.  I select option 2, so I can return and get full refund.   If I ever buy the Samsung S8+ again, I will buy it thru the phone carrier, so I dont need to deal with all those phone calls that took me a whole Saturday morning.

Constellation

My wife's phone is having the same issue. I'm wondering if this is somehow connected to smart syncing from a different phone. I smart synced mine but chose not to sync apps. Has anyone with this issue done a hard reset? Before going thru those steps I wanted to see if that resolves the issue. 

Asteroid

I have done hard reset more than 15 times, but the phone just getting worse and worse on rebooting itself; I have to quickly power it off to get away from the self rebooting thing.  In about 1 hour, I can turn it on to normal use, but the thing is you will never know when the self rebooting is happening, and you dont want that to happen when you are in the middle of sth very important.

Constellation

I was having the same problem with my s8+ rebooting. Of note I moved the following applications to the SD card: Netflix, Facebook, facebook messenger, pinterest and Email.
I noted that whenever it rebooted those aps were greyed out.

Solution that worked for me:
I uninstalled and re-installed facebook and Facebook Messenger and moved all the other apps I metioned back to the internal storage from the sd card and deactivated my Email option and it has not rebooted since so is back-to normal and working fine for me
Cosmic Ray

Received my S8+ very late on Wed, 4/19th, and today, Sat 4/22nd, my S8+ has rebooted many times!

i wasn't doing anything on it when it automatically self rebooted.

one clue is that some of the apps had updated automatically, but still, that should not automatically FORCE a reboot, right?

concerned!

also, there is the pop up notification that says:  "Transfer files to SD card"  but when i click the notification, there is no option for any type of action!

furthermore, from time to time, i notice that if i go to check what's in the memory by going to:

Gear Icon upper right corner / Device Maintenance / Storage 

momentarily, the SD card shows ZERO GB used!!

but, it is only momentary and then it sort of re-populates.

this doesn't sound good at all for a brand spanking new top-of-the-line phone!

what is one to do?

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

the previous post (2 posts above this post) wrote:

"Re: Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

I was having the same problem with my s8+ rebooting. Of note I moved the following applications to the SD card: Netflix, Facebook, facebook messenger, pinterest and Email.
I noted that whenever it rebooted those aps were greyed out.

Solution that worked for me:
I uninstalled and re-installed facebook and Facebook Messenger and moved all the other apps I metioned back to the internal storage from the sd card and deactivated my Email option and it has not rebooted since so is back-to normal and working fine for me"

Sir, i don't understand your "solution".   Reason:  if you MOVED ALL APPS back to internal phone storage, then you're essentially NOT using your SD card AT ALL!    
May i ask how is that considered a "solution"?
That's removing an important feature/function of the phone (i.e. ability to have SD card storage) and then say:   oh, the phone is working!
Your suggested "solution" is to NOT use a feature, and if the problem doesn't show up, then if one were to PERMANENTLY NOT USE that feature (the SD card feature), then you were saying that "it's ok".
Well, I'm thinking that it is still NOT ok as the problem has not be resolved.  You removed a feature and the phone is crippled by the absence of that feature.
May I ask if you see my point of view as well, sir?
Thank you.

Constellation

I did the following and my wife's phone hasn't rebooted in a few hours: made sure cloud accounts were synced, cleared cache, ran device maintainence and deleted apps that it flagged as "errors". I'm not sure which if these did it, or if it's fully resolved, but it's been working just like mine which hasn't had any issues. With regards to the cloud accounts, I  noticed that she had a mismatch between Google and Samsung cloud and i think that might have caused some type of unsolved sync loop. Not sure if this helps but I figured I'd share. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Oh, and I made the theme default.