Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

Constellation

Re: Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

It happened while being charged too
Highlighted
Asteroid

UPDATES:  New findings that anytime I restart the S8+ (just to play with), the S8+ will be automatically falls into the self restarting and rebooting loop by itself.  See if anyone just go ahead and restart it see if it happens to yours.  In order to make it work normal again, I have to power if off and turn it back on, so the phone can stay working properly.  This tells me that anything causes the phone to restarting/rebooting, it will fall into this loop.  

Anyway, I just received my shippling label from Samsung, and I will return the S8+ either tomrrow or someday this week.

Asteroid

I think it is interesting that Samsung has not posted on this thread.  I see they have on others.  This is clearly a larger problem than the red screen, which they are offering a ota next week.  What about this problem. 

Asteroid

I think it is interesting that Samsung has not posted on this thread.  I see they have on others.  This is clearly a larger problem than the red screen, which they are offering a ota next week.  What about this problem. 

Someone needs to make a you tube video to get attention.  

Constellation

I've had my phone since Friday. It restarts every time I'm on the phone, and I do mean EVERY TIME.  It also randomly restarts while I'm in an app or just sitting beside me. This is extremely annoying. I'm also finding I have to press quite hard on the keys of the keyboard to type. Is there a solution to this I'm not seeing? This is also annoying. 

Cosmic Ray

This is driving me crazy. Can we get mkbhd to talk to Samsung to get some attention lol

Asteroid

I agree. This is a huge problem. I've seen them reply to other threads and was wondering why they didn't reply to this one at all. If they think ignoring it will make it go away it won't. But I wonder if they're just afraid to talk about how unusable this issue is making their phone for some people and don't want to detract from selling units. This seems more likely and makes me worry that they know about it, know how much more serious it is than other minor problems,  but have no solution to the rebooting issue. If people knew this they wouldn't buy the phone or return ones they've already bought. And that could make their new flagship phone a flop which they can't afford to have happen after the fiasco with exploding batteries last year.

I really hope that's not the case, but if they refuse to acknowledge this thread or think safe mode,  returning the phone, or sending it in for repairs is a solution they're in for a rude surprise. I love this phone. The rebooting is my only issue with it. I spent good money on it and deserve  to have an official response,  we all do. 

Asteroid

I should also mention that it rebooted on me yesterday for the first time in the middle of using an app. I was streaming music and it just cut off. I knew my battery was low and assumed it had just died.  But when I checked it I noticed that it had just rebooted and I still had 28% battery left. First time its happened so far.

Asteroid

I think you are completely correct and I understand Samsung situation.  I am sure they are working in good faith to fix the problem and also protect against another PR nightmare.  I understand that when a new product is launch that sometimes it is a little buggy-they are trying to stay ahead of apple and not signal problems by having delays.  I also get that replying here without a solution could link this to negative sentiment from the Note battery explosions. 

I would just hope that as “early adopter”, a key segment to them, we are taken care of for the inconvenience.  We are essentially an extended beta testing group.  You would think and hope that at some point they would take care of us with some Samsung swag, a gift card, the new premium VR headset.  Something to show loyalty to us, their loyal early adopter segment.  It is the preorders and sales from our segment that allows Samsung to message to other segments that preorders are huge (as they have done) and that drives confidence and sales with the more conservative segments.  so, you would think at some point with a good strategy they would take care of us.  Finger crossed-but not hopeful.

Astronaut

I can't believe that a new phone at this price has this issues. Especially after the fiasco of the Note batery.

Looks like there's no QA in Samsung.

I have my phone since the 19th and it reboots 4 or 5 times per day. I thought it could be related to the memory card, but saw some reports here from users having the same issue and no memory card. I hope Samsung comes up with a solution fast....