Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

Constellation

Re: Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

Try uninstalling or disabling the Lookout app. That helped for my wife's phone.

Asteroid

Uninstalling Lookout does not work...

Constellation

Did the the factory reset.... No dice, still reboots on its own. 

Samsung do something!

Asteroid

I did and same thing. So i assume it is software issue

Asteroid

My phone has just frozen and rebooted three times in a row maybe within five minutes. I'm backing up my stuff and going to try a factory reset. We'll see how that goes...

Honored Contributor

SamsungMarcos wrote:

There are a handful of other threads similar to this, and I wanted to let you all know where we're at right now. This very thing has been added to our tracker and e-mailed for the right people to look into. For now, I've noticed that the factory reset has helped only a numerous of folks here, but not so much the majority in this thread. Has anyone tried a full reset/restore using the Smart Switch PC download versus your phone system settings? You can download that program here - http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

If anyone would like to take the time to troubleshoot with me, the first thing after a system restore I'd like for you to do, is absolutely nothing. Let me know with everything on default, including settings, if you notice the same restarts using normal pre-existing applications. This is going to help rule out any settings adjustment or updated app that might be causing this. I know for some, you have tried, but for my benefit in trying to troubleshoot, I'd like to QA the heck out of this, and start fresh and do a one by one setting/app adjustment to see if we can find the exact cause of this. At least until I hear any feedback in regards to this specifically.

I also know most carriers at this point have pushed out system updates that you may want to double check aren't lingering in your phone Settings menu.

I saw that @userVYSUprd3X5 mentioned they were going to give this a try. I was wondering how that turned out, and if there was any results. 

For anyone else that did a full factory reset, such as @user1ombK0vufh, were you able to follow the instructions I highlighted above, and see about the results. I'd very much like to find out if the restarts stop if you just leave the phone in it's original state after a full System Restore. If anyone would like to help and confirm this with me, it would be greatly appreciated.

@user2INHlJWlH5 I commented above, not sure if you didn't read back a few pages, but it's there. It's what I just quoted above.

Also would really like to know if @Nidwow is still going strong after their steps. They said 36 hours and counting last time, still no problems now?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Constellation

I performed a factory reset this weekend and allowed the phone to restore from Samsung & Google cloud backups. I've been watching the phone since then, I *think* on the same day there was another restart, but I know for certain the phone hasn't restarted any more since. Based on that, my guess is what I thought was a restart, was incorrect.

Anyways, I'm happy to have my phone working without issue currently, it's a great device as long as this problem doesn't rear back up.

Cosmic Ray

@SamsungMarcos

She is still up and running 42+ hours and counting.. so far no rebooting yet.

I am on AT&T btw.
Honored Contributor

Really happy to hear this so far. Hopefully more will update on this as well.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

good for you that your phone is working fine @Nidwow.  Mine just dont got fixed no matter what I have done.  I even just Hard reset it and it will get restarted over and over again right at the welcome screen and i cannot even tab the "START" button to continue setting up the phone most of the time.  Anyway, good luck to you, and I have my Samsung S8+ packed and the GEAR VR packed ready to ship it back to SAMSUNG.  In order to avoid the headaches that dealing with the phone calls that took me 5 hours on Saturday morning, I will buy another one from the cellular carrier store instead of Samsung.com if the problem got fixed later time, maybe couple months.   

By the way, in order to get people's attention, or Samsung's attention mainly, I think if people have facebook or twitter account, it will pass the messages better right there.  I am glad that finally I saw 1 youtube videos showing the S8 is restarting over and over.  Keep it up guys, I had enough on the S8+ already.  also, I was a die hard Samsung fan, too.  I have used S2, S3, S5, Note 3, and Note 7 all the way to S8+ now.