Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

Asteroid

Re: Galaxy s8 keeps restarting by itself

@SamsungMarcos  

My major point was your loyalist/early adopters, the people that allow Samsung to make the marketing claim that the s8 has out sold the s7 in preorders by 30% are being inconvenienced with the restarting issue and are suffering for being loyalists.  Samsung should identify those impacted and make a customer service gesture of good will and offer something to us as we endure this problem, which as many pointed out should not be present on a flagship device like this.  It tarnishes the premium nature of the Samsung brand.

Cosmic Ray

Re: Number of apps for each person having issues?

I have been slowly, one by one uninstalling my apps. Waiting for the problem to go away. I am down to six (6) apps and the crashing continues. I have Chase bank app, eBay, PayPal, Note Everything, Swannview Plus, and Weather. That's it. If somehow this isn't resolved by the end of the week - I am done with Samsung for good.

Asteroid

Re: Number of apps for each person having issues?

@S8 Mage I suggest approaching it the other way. factory reset, restore everything BUT apps, wait a few hrs to make sure problem is not back yet, and then install each app one by one until you see the problem.
Constellation

Same exact issue here 

Cosmic Ray

Found one guy at work have S8 Plus since launch. I asked him about restarting problem, he said never have the problem. I myself was suffering from restarting problem until I did factory reset. I did reset via recovery screen by volume up + Bixby + Power buttons not via the reset feature within the phone app.

I don’t really know what to make of it. Since factory reset I am pushing 60+ hours and it has not restarting on its own yet, the lowest battery level went down to 19% before I put it on wireless charging pad overnight. Currently I have installed all of the apps I was using prior to factory reset active. So I am not really sure, there are still many user still have problem after factory reset. What procedure you guys were using when do factory reset. From Android recovery screen or from inside within the phone app?

Constellation

Update. I went to best buy last night to exchange my phone and of course it turned into a 2 hour pain in the butt cause the new phone would not register cause of inaccurate date and time. Lady finally figured it out, got home and 30 minutes later the phone restarted. So far since 8pm last night it has restarted 4 times already. I'm so mad at this point. 

Constellation

Take it back to the retailer.  Call your service provider so they can put it on your account that your having that problem and then go to the store to get it replaced. I had to go up to the store 2 times before they replaced my phone and I called 2 times about the same problem. 

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

Well, I am now going to perform hard reset. An update will follow shortly.

Cosmic Ray

I know there are users who just got a brand new phone as a replacement from the store. This does not mean the phone is clean and free of bugs or glitches or bad stuffs from production line. I know it is a slow and very painful process but at this point no one really know what causing all this. I can relate to this as I am working in an Electronic manufacturing as well.

Myself did factory reset from Android recover screen - twice, one right after another and then did wipe cached partition just for the heck of it. As for my SD card, I mounted in my Linux box as a physical drive and then using Gparted partition edit deleting all stuffs on the SD including deleted partition table just to make sure the SD card is clean.

Samsung needs more data. “I have the same problem” “Got replacement unit and still doing the same thing” or something similar will not help.

I do not know if users with this problem are limited to North America units or another side of the world or limited to a certain phone carrier. What procedure did you use to “factory reset”? Samsung probably need more info as much as you can provide. Do a factory reset via the recovery screen and use the phone as is nothing else for 10-12 hours. I didn’t even set up Google Play, nothing – absolutely nothing for 24 hours. Not even a tweak in the settings just phone, text and wi-fi. Until I was satisfied, no restarting then I starts slowly adding Google Play then adding some other stuffs and phone settings to my preferences.

Just to remind you all. I was also suffering from this constant restart at the beginning as well. Now if the unit make it past today without any restarting problem I will back up everything as I am almost 100% sure my unit is in a clean and stable stage. I know it suck but it is what it is. I stopped using an iPhone since 3GS and I ain’t going back. I have 11 more days to return GS8 if things go south and eat the restocking fees and switch brand. As of right now the unit is still up and running after what I did.

Wish you all the best.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have found 2 videos on youtube showing exactly the same like what happen to my S8+.  

https://youtu.be/N6klptppYc0

https://youtu.be/7m2JT0oqtnE

Oh Samsung you've done it again... This is my second S8 device that is keeps rebooting on its own. I happen to catch it video this time when returning the device.
Since phone crashed and self restarting, the phone was Hard Reset (Power Up + Bixby + Power ) to factory defaults, then the phone is behaving worse that is showing in this video that it keeps self restarting over and over. Also, more and more users are having this issue from the new Samsung Galaxy