Galaxy s8 moisture detected won't go away

SOLVED
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy s8 moisture detected won't go away

My phone has had no contact with anything wet. Had it on the wireless charger 3 days ago and woke up with that warning. Still will not let my charge my phone unless on the wireless charger. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation
Solution
Accepted by SamsungViv (Samsung Moderator)
‎08-28-2017 02:10 PM

SOLVED Galaxy s8 moisture detected won't go away

this is what i did by a freak chance and it seems to be working in the mean time. 

1. plug in your s8 to the charger (you will be notified that there is moisture detected)

2. restart your s8 (make sure not to remove the charging cable)

3.  make sure it shows how long until full charge.

4. You have by successfully by passed the moisture error.

320 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s8 moisture detected won't go away

Hey @userET0UM2KMXZ

So your phone wasn't near any rain or steam or... well condensation isn't as likely in the spring and summer.  Hmm, have you tried putting the device in a baggy with some rice? I hear that does tend to absorb any random moister that may have gotten into the phone. Kinda like little rice grains in a salt shaker!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I'm having the same issue

Constellation

Me and my husband are having the exact same problem. Ever since the last update I'm constantly getting this notification. My phone has never ever been in contact with any type of liquid. The USB port is completely dry! To be honest I'm getting sick and tired of this. We had to go out and buy TWO Samsung wireless chargers just to charge our phones. God forbidd we are out and about and our phone dies cause we're completely screwed. 

Samsung Moderator

Can I get someone to try charging while in Safe Mode? I want to see if that error still comes up. It's possible that an evaluation/repair could be done, but that's dangerous in these cases. If they find that there was water that got into the phone and set off the Liquid Sensor, they can't repair anything and the warranty is gone.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

My S8 had gotten splashed while on vacation, hardly anything to pry against IP68. But, I did get the "Moisture Detected" warning. I allowed my phone to dry over night, then began rubbing cotton swabs within the ports and finally I used the hair blower; four days later my S8 would still not charge due to the "Moisture Detect" kill switch and my phone by this time had been dead for at least three days.

I know there is no moisture in it. So sure of it that I tried rebooting my S8 in "Safe Mode" as suggested above. Although, it was still giving the "Moisture Detect" warning as I had it plugged in, for I needed some charge to get it booted, it did boot in "Safe Mode" and is now charging the battery without issue.

There is either a fault with the moisture sensor or the coding. If some of the comments I have read here and elsewhere are true concerning that this only began after the recently forced update, then I would think that this may be a coding issue that had increased the moisture sensitivity threshold to read humidity or an issue latching the error while not allowing for reset of the sensor.

IP68 is a cool gimic for those that would chance making phone calls under water but if later the phone cannot be charged as a result of water then it is defective in accordance to its advertisement. Either fix the sensor or code in a bypass switch... or stop advertising IP68.

Either way, thank you for the "Safe Boot" suggestion as it worked.
Astronaut

Yep,  same problem with my Galaxy S8, using OEM charger and cable. Phone is perfectly dry. Live in a dry climate. I think I am done with Samsung Phones.

Constellation

Same problem

Astronaut

I had same issue and phone wouldnt charge at all. I just restarted phonr and worked again

Constellation

Same here. No water contact in the slightest. Another Samsung Flop? Instead of catching fire, they pretend to get soaking wet. You're getting trolled samdung..