cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
budpoulos
Asteroid

Gallery Screenshot Popup Not Working

The pop-up that shows up whenever you take a screenshot so you can draw on the screenshot or crop the screenshot has stopped showing up with the October security patch on my Galaxy S7. Is there some way to turn this back on?

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gallery Screenshot Popup Not Working

Just to clarify are you able to see the screenshot notification on the notification panel?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

budpoulos
Asteroid

I have the notification, but the pop-up overlay thing does not appear.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you already tried wiping the cache partition of your device?

Here are the steps:

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press the Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

budpoulos
Asteroid

I just tried that and it has made no difference.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@budpoulos Does this issue still appear when you place your phone in safe mode?