Original topic:

Gallery sync

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
userCCT4zlObK6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't want to sync my gallery with OneDrive I want to sync my gallery with my Google photos like it used to. Is there some other way to get my gallery photos to automatically upload to Google photos because since Samsung is switched it to OneDrive my gallery photos are not backing up any longer. I don't think I should be bullied into using a Microsoft product if I don't want to
0 Likes
2 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Google photos syncs by default. If you don't want to sync with your one drive, unlink it inthe gallery settings. To make sure it is syncing with Google, go to settings/Google/manage backup and make sure the slider is on to sync with Google photos.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userCCT4zlObK6 If you open the Google Photos app on your phone or tablet, you can enable the backup of your Gallery. 

1. Open Google Photos
  2. Click your avatar in the upper right (typically your initial in a circle)
  3. Click on Backup
  4. Here you can enable Backup and add any folders that you want to back up. 

I find that sometimes the backup isn't automatic. But when you open Google Photos, you will see the backup get started by showing a spinning circle around your avatar icon. 

This is completely separate from the OneDrive sync. You can enable both, none, or just one. They don't conflict.