Original topic:

Game optimizing service RUINS my gaming experience

(Topic created on: 2/21/21 6:04 PM)
userC6fJ6TxLCK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a galaxy s9 plus and it's lagging ALOT while playing games (specially PvP on pokemon go).

I tried reinstalling the game, restarting my phone, clearing RAM memory and other stuff, but no luck

I did some research and found out that the app to blame is the poorly designed system app game optimizing service (package name: com.samsung.android.game.gos)

I tried to disable it with package disabler pro, alliance shield X and ADB method, and got no success in any of my tries.

Even though after running the command:

"adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.game.gos"

via adb method and it returning:

"Package com.samsung.android.game.gos new state: disabled-user"

the package is still active and running on my phone.

I also tried to run the command

"adb shell" and then running: "$ pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.game.gos"

which returned:

"$ pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.game.gos
Success"

But same results, package still active and ruining my gaming experience...

SAMSUNG, Please fix our phones, or at least, allow us to disable this "game optimizing service", beacuse it doesn't optimzie anything, it only makes gaming WORSE!

0 Likes
3 Replies
IamZack
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did you end up having any luck with this issue?? I have a problem with the optimizer closing GO when I go to another app. Have tried a lot of things online of some users solutions. Its really annoying. I have a Galaxy A20
0 Likes
userC6fJ6TxLCK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Nope, no luck

In my case, the app is not closed, i can change apps and have it stay open, but sadly Go Battle League is just unplayable due to lag.

This is a huge dealbreaker! Please Samsung. FIX THIS!

0 Likes
Tech Issues
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just updated this App and it’s severely killing my battery, imo.

Also do see games now lagging, so not sure if coincidence after updating or what

0 Likes