cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqAdV2Sa6ES
Asteroid

Get rid of samsung profile in contacts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do I get rid of this samsung profile nonsense in my contacts? I didn't want it there on purpose, and I very much do not appreciate it being forced. Now it's stuck at the top of my contacts and sends messages as me, even though I already had a profile set up for that.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Get rid of samsung profile in contacts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see, thanks so much for reaching out to us about this, @userqAdV2Sa6ES. This is part of the change in the messaging app that came with Oreo, this feature may be re-implemented in the future, please keep an eye on our social channels for future updates.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

17 REPLIES 17

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userqAdV2Sa6ES

What have you tried so far to resolve this?

userqAdV2Sa6ES
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a 'remove profile' thing, but it's only for the UK. I've removed the samsung account from the phone, but it still forces the now blank profile as the default. I've tried setting the one I wanted as default, but it does nothing. Long-pressing has no 'delete' or 'go the (deleted) away' option. So far, the only fix I've found for it is 'use a different messaging app' but none of them are as good as the default one.. .but they allow me to use it the way I was previously to this broken update. 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you mind giving us some details about your device so that we can begin to replicate this?

* Model Number

* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find most of that information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userqAdV2Sa6ES
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model: SM-G955U1 (S8+), 

Baseband version: G955USQU2CRB9

Doesn't seem to have any carrier information. It's an unlocked one I bought new from Amazon and use on Ting.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see, thanks so much for reaching out to us about this, @userqAdV2Sa6ES. This is part of the change in the messaging app that came with Oreo, this feature may be re-implemented in the future, please keep an eye on our social channels for future updates.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

userqAdV2Sa6ES
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, that's unpleasant. Thanks. 

uzersedLeCtopT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It actually is unpleasant - I also don't understand why this thread is marked as solved being as you haven't been able to remove it. I've found quite a lot of changes forced upon us by Samsung and then the vague bulls.hit excuse of it being Oreo's fault is offered as a reason. Accept this Contacts app wasn't made by Google - it was made by Samsung, so the answer marked as a solution above is actually BS. This is a decision made by Samsung not Google, and it is extremely disingenuous of them to suggest otherwise. I am like you, in that I am fed up with having perfectly working software 'upgraded' by some designer who has decided that not only could some new idea they've had make my life better, but that they've decided to FORCE ME to use their new idea to make my life better, whether I want to use it or not. The thing is, is that this is software, and therefore has the ability to give you the options to have it exactly the way you want it to be - it is Samsung who has decided to not want that for their customers, because like most tech companies, Samsung is greedy. Not only does it want to sell you a product for a lot of money - I can literally buy 2 extremely powerful laptops for the price of an average quality Samsung phone - but it then insists on always having the ability to reach in and change the product you bought from them after the fact, to do anything they want it to, whilst excluding you from using the device you purchased in the manner that you want to. I still don't understand how the world got to the state of play where this is acceptable... but I can't help but believe  that at some stage Samsung (and Apple, Google etc) are all going to get a short, sharp reminder about why they should treat the people who buy devices from them with respect and not such disdain.

Highlighted
Teeare1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't find one positive addition or feature that came with the new update!!!! But, there are many things that I liked and was accustomed that were removed!!!!!

userI9rIuhdV8O
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Try the settings in contacts & turn off "profile sharing"
I have bn messing w my galaxy ,J7 & I stumbled across that, unchecked it & poof mine is finally off! Hooray! It was driving me nuts with strangers pictures trying 2 take over my friends contact pictures..