Original topic:

Get text alert WITHIN the SAME text thread

(Topic created on: 4/5/21 8:46 PM)
Members_95zYugM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is the second Samsung phone I've had and Messages do not give an alert sound when you're INSIDE a text chat and a new message comes into that chat. iPhones give a small audible blip and vibrate which is tremendously helpful if you're in a chat but not always looking at the phone. Am I missing something?

4 Replies
HawksUnlocked
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Are you using Samsung Messages app or another messaging app? If so,, which messaging app? Do you have delivery report enabled?

Are you using the latest update for the phone? Check for an update to your messaging app that you use and install that.

It works for me using Samsung Messages app.
0 Likes
Members_95zYugM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm using the Samsung Messages app. So you get an audible and vibrating alert when you're texting with someone and that person sends a new text - while the text/chat is open? Like I said this is my 2nd Samsung and I get no audible alert or vibrate. 

0 Likes
AuntJenni
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the same problem. I switched to Samsung because of DND issues, but no sound just like my old app. I've learned to hit the back button two times after I hit send. It's the only way I can make it work.
Members_95zYugM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

EXACTLY! What a pain in the a$$!! It's the little things that make a huge difference. I just happen to hate being part of Apple more than I hate using an inferior phone. It's not just the lack of this small but very helpful feature. There are other small annoying ones too.