Original topic:

Gmail Notifications not working properly

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Sarge2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am not receiving my Gmail notifications when they arrive on both of my S10e.
If I go into my phone all of sudden the notifications will come through but that is self defeating as a notification should notify you of an email when received not once you are going into your phone to check for them.
This has been going on for sometime. I have followed all possible suggestions listed by Google to no avail.
Anyone have any suggestions 
I have tried turning off adaptive notification, power saving mode etc. 
Thanks in advance. 
6 Replies
Krogersupervisor1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try clear the app cache and Data an see if that fixes the problem
0 Likes
Sarge2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks for recommention but I have already cleared cache and data uninstalled and reinstalled and changed adaptive notification to none etc.
0 Likes
Sarge2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks for the advice but I have cleared cache and data to no avail. Appreciate the recommendation
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I am sorry you are having difficulties with your Gmail notifications. Different things can prevent apps from running or showing notifications. Disable any function that could be blocking notifications and then test the app to see if it sends notifications. Try this guide here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001588/

Additionally, you can try wiping the cache partition on the phone. The steps are: 

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Krogersupervisor1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I suggested that and he said that didn't work!!
0 Likes
Sarge2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Correct. It did not work. Reading the comments for Gmail app in Play Store and on line it does appear to be an ongoing Google issue which they have not addressed in months.
Appreciate everyone's input.
I will just use my Samsung email app which gives me all alerts.
Thanks again
0 Likes